- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Easy Creamy Homemade Ice Cream Without a Machine
This is What you get to Eat!
When it's Hot, What More is There Besides Homemade ice Cream?
It doesn't even need to be hot to enjoy ice cream. There are so many wonderful flavors to choose from. Have you ever had maple walnut ice cream with pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving, or peppermint stick ice cream at Christmas? And, I don't know about you but I find homemade ice cream much more delicious and nutritious than store bought ice cream. Many people would love to make ice cream at home but don't have a machine that makes it easy. Well now, everyone can make easy homemade ice cream. You don't need a lot of ingredients and this ice cream is super creamy just like high quality ice cream. So lets get started.
Here are the Ingredients you Will Need:
For this recipe we are going to be making Chocolate Fleck Caramel Ice Cream. You will need:
- 2 cups or 1 pint whipping cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup fine chocolate bits (not artificial)
- caramel drizzle
Directions at a Glance
- Scrape the sweetened condensed milk from the can into a large bowl.
- Measure the 1/2 cup of fine, real chocolate bits and dump them into the bowl.
- Beat 2 cups whipping cream until stiff
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the milk/chocolate mixture until well combined.
- Spoon one-third of the mixture into a freezer container, drizzle with the caramel
- Add another third and drizzle with the caramel.
- Scrape the last third into the freezer container
- Put the lid on the container and put in the freezer for several hours or overnight.
- Scoop some ice cream and enjoy
Scrape the Sweetened Condensed Milk Into a Bowl
I use a silicone spatula to get as much of the sweetened condensed milk as I can out of the can. You will not need a particularly large bowl, but one you can mix in all the ingredients easily without spillage.
Measure the Real Chocolate Bits Into a Half cup Measure
I use ready grated chocolate that I buy from Bernard Callebaut but you can use real chocolate sprinkles or you can grate your own chocolate. You can easily grate it yourself in a food processor, or with a hand grater. It doesn't have to be fancy.
Whip two Cups Whipping Cream Until Stiff
You want the whipped cream to stand up in peaks and hold its shape when it is ready.
Gently Fold the Mixtures Together
When you are mixing the two together, try to keep as much air in the mixture as possible. You can use a spatula or a whisk to turn the mixture gently over and over until it is completely mixed.
Gently Spoon About one Third of the Mixture Into a Freezer Container
Spoon about one third of the mixture into your freezer container. Drizzle caramel over the mixture. Add another third of the mixture, more caramel drizzle then the last third of the mixture.
Slap the lid on and Throw it in the Freezer
Depending on how firm you want your ice cream, you will want to leave it in the freezer several hours or overnight. Wherever it is hot, the ice cream will start to melt very quickly once it hits the bowl.
Scoop out Creamy Dreamy ice Cream!
Once the ice cream has hardened in the freezer, scoop it out into a bowl and enjoy without all those unpronounceable ingredients!
Other Flavors you can Make
To the sweetened condensed milk add:
- 1/2 cup mashed fresh unsweetened strawberries, raspberries or other fresh fruit except citrus fruit OR
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder and a handful of colored miniature marshmallows OR
- 1 tsp instant coffee granules OR
- 1 tbsp custard powder and 1/4 cup chopped maraschino cherries OR
- 1 tsp vanilla OR
- 1/2 cup chopped peanut butter cups OR
- 1/2 cup mini rolo candies OR
- 1/2 cup chopped candy bars OR
- 1/2 cup peanut butter and 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips OR
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract and 1/2 cu mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- use your imagination
Your Favorite ice Cream Flavor
What flavor is your very favorite, even if you don't eat ice cream?
Great Ice Cream Stuff On Amazon
Did you know that ice cream tastes so much better out of a cow bowl? I have eaten many an ice cream out of this bowl...My very fav!
Here is another ice cream book to keep you stocked up all summer. It's my go to recipe book and I've decided I have a gazillion favorites!