Easy Crock Pot Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs Recipe
Easy to Make Chicken Thighs
The following recipe for Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs is easy and requires very little preparation. You will only need 5 ingredients to make this dish.
So many times I take something out for dinner with no idea how I'm going to prepare it. Today was one of those days. After looking to see what I had in my cupboards, I decided not heat up the kitchen and use my crock pot since it was such a hot and humid day.
Photo source: All photos in this article are the property of the author Susan Zutautas. If you care to borrow them, please get written permission before doing so.
Everything tastes great that's cooked in a crock pot
I love my crock pot and use it all year round. There are so many different meals you can prepare from soups, stews, chili, roasts, chicken, meatballs, and even desserts.
Crock Pot or Slow Cooker
This crock pot is perfect for a large family, or if you're cooking for 8-9 people . It will easily hold a 7 pound roast. The touchscreen control panel makes it easy to set cooking times from 30 minutes up to 20 hours. There are low, high, and warm cook setting. The lid and crock are dishwasher safe.
Chicken breasts, chicken legs or chicken wings would work in this recipe if you find you're fresh out of thighs. You could also cut up a whole chicken.
- 8 or more chicken thighs
- 2 onions
- 1/2 cup of chicken broth or chicken stock
- 3/4 cup of Honey Garlic BBQ sauce
- 1 green bell pepper (or color of your choice)
- 1. Gather all of your ingredients.
- 2. Remove the skin off of the chicken thighs. This was a personal preference, and you may leave it on.
- 3. Cut the onions into quarters and place them into the bottom of your crock-pot or slow cooker.
- 4. Place the chicken thighs on top of the onions.
- 5. Add the chicken broth to the crock pot and then pour the BBQ sauce on top of the thighs.
- 6. Cover and cook on high for 3 1/2 hours.
- 7. Cut the green pepper into large pieces and add them into the crock-pot.
- 8. Turn down the temperature control to low and continue cooking for 1 more hour.
- 9. Remove the chicken, onions and green peppers when you're ready to eat.
- 10. Serve with your favorite side dishes and Enjoy!
For dinner I served a veggie stir-fry, and a side salad with the chicken.
What would you serve to go along with this dish?
Ingredients for Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs
Gather all of your ingredients together.
Prepare the Chicken
Remove the skin from the chicken thighs. I find that this is very easy to do by simply grabbing a large piece of the skin and pulling on it.
Prepare the Onions
Cut the onions into 1/4's
Adding the Ingredients
Put the onions into the pot, add the chicken on top of the onions. Add the chicken broth, and then cover the chicken with BBQ sauce. Cover and cook for 3 1/2 hours.
One Hour To Go
After 3 1/2 hours add the green peppers and continue to cook on the low setting for another hour.
Dinner is Ready - Let's Eat!
Honey Garlic Chicken with a veggie stir fry, and a side Caesar salad.
I always say that no one can have too many serving bowls.