- Food and Cooking
Great Tasting Gluten-Free White Bread
Gluten-free eating can sometimes be a challenge especially for those who have previously enjoyed bread and wheat products. Most ready made gluten-free breads just don't live up to taste expectations. This recipe for white bread makes it very easy to create delicious homemade gluten-free bread without kneading and messy flour everywhere.
If you prefer to use an electric bread machine, this recipe will work just as well. Add liquid ingredients first, then yeast mixture and dry ingredients last. Some of the newer bread makers have a gluten-free setting, but if your machine does not, use the quick rise setting.
Serves: 1- 9 x 5 loaf
- 3 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. xanthan gum
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tbls. sugar
- 1 tbls. active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups lukewarm water
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 cup grapeseed or olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- Grease and flour a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, xanthan gum, baking powder and sugar, set aside.
- Stir together in a small bowl, yeast, warm water and sugar.
- Using a mixer, combine lemon juice, oil and eggs.
- Add yeast mixture and dry ingredients, beating for about 2 minutes.
- The bread dough will be sticky, similar to a thick muffin batter.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place bread in a warm spot until it rises just to the top of the pan, about 20 minutes.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Let cool before removing from pan and slicing.