Too Hot to Cook? Easy Grilled Chicken Salad
When it's way too Hot to Cook, make an easy and delicious Grilled Chicken Salad for Dinner!
This is one of my favorite dinners when it's hitting the high temperatures in the summer. A grilled chicken garden salad is a perfect supper after a long and hot day. Sometimes I'm just too hot to come up with a yummy recipe for a meal that thrills and doesn't make us even hotter than we already are.
Stay cool and enjoy!
Picture Credit: Sun Graphic insert courtesy CartoonClipArtWorld.com.
Next time you are grilling on a cool temperate day, plan ahead...
... by marinating the chicken breasts and grill these next to the night's dinner. You'll be so happy to have them ready for the day that's so hot you are "glistening" in an air-condition room.
Have you ever had Salad as a Main-Course for Dinner?
Everyone likes their salad their way, so this recipe is only a guideline with alternate suggestions
Next time you are grilling on a cool temperate day, plan ahead by marinating the chicken breasts and grill these next to the night's dinner. You'll be so happy to have them ready for the day that's so hot you are "glistening" in an air-condition room. :D
Yield as prepared: 4 chicken breasts will top 8 salads very generously so your are set for another meal for a family of 4 ~ or, for family of 2 like us empty-nesters, 3 more dinners perfect for hot and hazy daze of summer.
Alternate idea if you have an unexpected heat wave... Use a tabletop grill like the George Foreman Grill shown below that was used to make the perfectly Grill-marked chicken shown on this recipe page.
Easy and Quick Prep Idea: Freeze and Save Grilled Chicken for the next Chef Salad with Grilled Dinner
Cook and Preparation & Time
Easy Grilled Chicken Salad
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless, boneless, and pounded flat
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup liquid, dry to taste Marinade, Examples: Chiavetta, Italian dressing or vinaigrette, or dry rub seasonings
- Salad greens, easy prepared packaged salad mixes, your favorite lettuce, or a mix of greens
- Salad veggies, Our Favorites are bell red peppers, cucumbers, and my husband adds onion
- Salad dressing, Hubby likes a drizzle of Italian dressing followed by Crumbled Blue Cheese, and mine is Creamy Itali
- Toppings of your choice, Sliced hard-boiled eggs, croutons, real bacon bits, sunflower seeds, etc.
- Pound chicken to 3/4 inch for an even thickness.
- Marinate and refrigerate chicken overnight or all day.
- When nearly ready to serve, wash and prepare salad ingredients. Return to refrigerator
- Grill marinated chicken breasts until fully cooked. (For food safety cook to 160 degrees Fahrenheit. Chicken will continue to heat to the required 165 degrees.
- Slice and cover partially to allow chicken to cool slightly until ready to serve. Wrap and freeze unused portions.
- Assemble individual salads and top with desired veggies.
- Top with grill chicken slices or bites.
- Top with favorite salad dressing.
- Sprinkle on preferred toppings, if desired.
Too Hot for Grilling even Indoors or Outdoors, too? We've got the answer for that!
Alternate if you've run out of prepared Grilled Chicken or have an unexpected heat wave... ask the deli to slice you thick slices of chicken, turkey or ham. Then you can just cut into strips, throw on a prepared packaged salad mix and you are ready for dinner.
See... we've got you covered.