easy healthy breakfast casserole recipe
Low Cholesterol Breakfast Recipes - breakfast casserole
Over the last several years I have been using turkey sausage over the traditional pork sausage for all my breakfast dishes. That is why in this recipe I decided to use turkey sausage. When combining turkey sausage and reduced fat cheese, this breakfast casserole is a terrific heart healthy diet choice for your weekend mornings. With my dad recently having been diagnosed with high cholesterol I needed a couple options that he would like when visiting. Since my dad will never give up cheese I had to ensure that this would be healthy yet cheesy.
I think that you will find this to be a healthy alternative to your more traditional breakfast casserole recipes.
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 8 eggs, scrambled
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley (fresh if all possible )
- 1/4 teaspoon rosemary (can you fresh, if you don't like rosemary substitute it with fresh cilantro )
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon course mustard
- 1 cup turkey sausage, browned and well drained
- 1 cup reduced fat Cheddar cheese, shredded
Curve Your Cravings With Great Recipes
1. In a pan over medium-high heat, combine the butter and onion. Cook until butter melts and onion is very soft, stirring frequently.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, sea salt, fresh parsley, fresh rosemary, cayenne, course mustard and cheese. Beat until well blended.
3. Add the butter, onions and sausage to the mixing bowl, stirring to combine. Pour into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with butter and onion.
4. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for approximately 40 minutes depending on your oven or until the eggs have begun to set.
Other Articles Written By The Author
If your like me and want to eat healthy as often as you can so you can save the bad days for special holidays, then this is a great recipe for you. I absolut...
Gluten Good or Bad?
After eating my typically 4th of July grilled meat smorgasbord with fruit, and the over abundance of carb high dishes. I want to write a post about a book ...
Satay Curry Chicken Salad
I don't know about you but I love chicken Satay. I have made several version of it over the years, but this is the first salad I have made with it. There are...
Piriformis Muscle - The Root Cause of Your Low Back Pain and Hip Pain
I will explain the importance the piriformis muscle, common places of trigger points / fascial adhesions, and effective ways to treat an overacctive piriform...
Orange Lamb Burgers
The goal of this lenses is to give my readers or anyone searching online a healthy low carb recipe for burgers that they can make in 20 mins or less. If you...
Trapezius Muscle - Cause of Neck Pain
The trapeziusm levator scapulae, and sternocleiodmastoid muscles are difficult to classify according to location. The trapezius is so large that is covers th...