- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Easy Homemade Carrot Cake Cupcakes
Is it true that eating a large amount of carrots will let you see in the dark?
Carrot Quizview quiz statistics
I’ve always like carrot cakes; most people I know seem to enjoy them (except my sister, that is.) However; there are many ways to serve and eat a carrot cake, and cupcake are always a fun way of serve any type of cake.
My girlfriend’s grandfather made some homemade carrot cake cupcakes a while back, and she really liked them. She asked me to try my hand at making my own.
I had a bit of excitement trying to get this recipe right. The batter was too oily for some reason and the cake was dry on top the first time around. I figured out that it was because I didn’t blend the ingredients together as fully as I had thought. That is why you should probably use a standing mixer for this one, especailly when you add the pecans and shredded carrots. This way you can ensure a fully combined batter.
These cupcakes are perfect for birthday parties or just for the fun of a dessert or treat that is easy to eat and even easier to serve and clean up afterwards.
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 3 carrots
- 1 teaspoon double acting baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- (cream cheese frosting)
- Food Network - Easy Recipes, Healthy Eating Ideas and Chef Recipe Videos
Love Food Network shows, chefs and recipes? Find the best recipe ideas, videos, healthy eating advice, party ideas and cooking techniques from top chefs, shows and experts.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line one or two cupcake tins with cupcake foils. (If you have mini cupcake tins you can get 2 dozen cupcakes.)
- In a large mixing bowl and using a whisk, combine together the wheat flour, white sugar, salt, double acting baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and ginger.
- In a separate mixing bowl (or a large measuring cup), or a standing mixer, mix together the vegetable oil, the vanilla extract, and the 2 eggs.
- If using a mixing bowl and whisk, added the eggs to the flour and whisk together. If using the standing mixer, add the flour to the eggs and oil mixture in three parts, making sure that it is fully incorporated before adding the next part; you may need to scrap down the sides of the bowl in between each addition.
- If the pecans are already chopped, add them to the batter. If they are not chopped, you can grind them using a food processor. Then add them to the batter.
- Peel the three carrots and then shred them using the food processor with the shredding blade attached.
- When you have shredded the carrots (roughly 2 cups) add them to the batter.
- Blend the batter (with the pecans and carrots) until fully combined.
- Fill the cupcake foils to the top (these ones won't rise while cooking).
- Bake the cupcakes for 20-25 minutes until fully baked. (A toothpick will come out clean when poked through the center.)
- Allow the cupcakes to cool completely before frosting.
- Serve whenever you desire and store in an airtight container to maintain freshness.
Directions for Cream Cheese Frosting
If you want to make the cream cheese frosting instead of using the store bought frosting, you will need the following:
8 oz. of cream cheese
2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
1 to 2 tablespoons of whole milk (optional)
1. Using a standing mixer or a large mixing bowl and egg betaer, blend together the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla.
2. When the butter and cream cheese mixture is fluffy, slowly add the powdered sugar until frosting is fully whipped and creamy.
3. Add the milk if the frosting becaue too dry and thick while blending.