Easy Kahlua Chocolate Chip Brownies
I have been a brownie-holic for just about as long as I can remember. There is something so very comforting about that chewy chocolate square.
I am also a fan of homemade as opposed to a box of anything, so years ago I searched for the perfect, yet easy to make homemade brownie recipe. I eventually landed on a one-bowl recipe from Baker's Chocolate that is super simple, yet oh-so delicious.
Never one to be content by just following the recipe "rules" of any dish I prepare, I had to put my own originality stamp on Baker's Chocolate Brownies. I eventually wound up with this twist for Kahlua Chocolate Chip Brownies.
A batch never lasts long. In fact, the batch I made to photograph to share here became a scant few brownies before they had time to cool and be properly presented. I guess that shows how delicious they really are!
- Prep time: 15 min
- Cook time: 35 min
- Ready in: 50 min
- Yields: 24 (really less in my home)
- 4 oz. Package of Baker's Chocolate
- 3/4 Cup Butter
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 oz. Kahlua
- 1 6 oz. Bag of Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- The recipe instructs to line a 9 X 13 inch baking pan with foil, but I coat the pan with softened butter instead. Either way is fine.
- In large mixing bowl, add 4 oz. of Bakers Chocolate and melt in microwave for approximately two minutes.
- Next add the butter and microwave for approximately one more minute.
- Using a plastic spatula, stir the chocolate and butter until fully melted.
- Add sugar and stir thoroughly until combined with chocolate.
- Next comes the three eggs. Continue to stir until smooth and creamy.
- Add flour and stir until well blended. The batter should now be a little thick.
- Add vanilla and Kahlua and stir thoroughly one more time.
- Spread the brownie batter evenly into the baking pan.
- Try really hard not to eat the batter. This is the part that I'm really bad at.....
- Pour the chocolate chips over the top of the batter and gently press them down into the batter.
- Bake on the center rack for 30-35 minutes or until an inserted tooth pick comes out "clean".
- Allow to cool.
- Before you serve, hide a few for yourself.