Potato and Leek Soup Recipe
Best Leek And Potato Soup
Leek and potato soup is understandably popular.
It's a tasty soup but one of the best things about it is the cheapness of the ingredients. You can grow your own potatoes and leeks easily too.
Try a pot yourself, it's a great winter warmer and a fantastic comfort food that you can enjoy again and again.
- 50 g Butter
- 450 g Leeks
- 700 g Potatoes
- 2 cups Vegetable Stock
- 1 tbsp Dried Rosemary
- 450 ml Milk
- 2 tbsp Chopped Fresh Flat-Leaf Parsley
- Salt and Ground Black Pepper
- Roughly chop the potatos, trim and finely slice the leeks, and finely chop the parsley
- Throw the butter into a large saucepan and melt it over a medium heat
- Add the leeks and gently toss until the leeks have gone tender, make sure to stir continuously
- Toss in the potatoes, stock and the milk
- Bring the soup to the boil, then cover the soup and simmer gently for about 30 minutes, or until the vegetables have become nice and soft
- Take off the heat and pour it into a blender and blend until required consistency
- Pour it into a clean saucepan and heat gently
- Stir in the parsley
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper to season the soup and then serve