Pound Cake Recipe no butter just Crisco
After you taste this moist & delicious pound cake you'll say goodbye to bakery cakes. It has an ooh so yummy crispy top amd tastes even better the next day.
The best part is how quick and easy this cake is to make, it's one of those recipes that you'll have memorized after making it a few times.
The cake ingredients are outlined below, but quickly I can tell you...in a large bowl add these ingredients, in this order, and beat on high for 5 minutes then bake: 3 cups flour, 3 cups sugar, 3 teaspoons baking powder, 1 cup of milk, 6 eggs, 1 1/2 cups crisco, 3 teaspoons vanilla flavoring. That's all there is to it. I even start the mixer on very low at the very start when I add the first ingredient which is flour and just keep it going on low till everything is in the bowl and then turn the mixer to high.
Baking cakes from scratch can be so easy. This is one of my favorite pound cake recipes, and I consider it my go-to cake when I need to bake a cake on short notice. It's also convenient because it's a no-butter cake recipe - so keep a can of crisco on hand.
As far as baking pans go, the choice is up to you. You could use a traditional angel food cake pan which most people use for pound cakes, or you could use a large bundt pan.
I use a bundt pan, because this recipe actually makes enough batter to fill a bundt pan and a loaf pan, and that's another reason it's one of my favorite recipes - you can make the large pound cake for company or to take to a party, pot-luck dinner, dessert night, etc. and still have a small cake at home for you and your family to enjoy!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes, then lower the temperature to 325 and bake for an additional 35-40 minutes - until a skewer or toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean.
Easy Pound Cake Ingredients
- 3 cups Flour
- 3 cups Sugar
- 3 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 cups Solid Vegetable Shortening (crisco)
- 1 cup Milk
- 6 Eggs
- 3 teaspoons Clear vanilla
- 1 can Vegetable spray
- Add dry ingredients to large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs one at a time with mixer on low.
- Add vegetable shortening.
- Add vanilla.
- Beat on high for 5 minutes.
- Pour batter into pan that has been coated with vegetable spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Lower temperature to 325 degrees and bake for another 35-40 minutes, until a toothpick or skewer inserted in cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, remove and cool on rack or plate. Enjoy!
Do you eat cake every year on your birthday?
© 2012 MomsTreasureChest