- Food and Cooking
Easy Recipe for Vegetarian Quiche
Whip Up an Easy Vegetarian Quiche in No Time
I like quiche for any meal, and this easy recipe for vegetarian quiche lets me make it with what I have on hand.
The trick is to keep some frozen pie crusts on hand and the rest of this quiche recipe is a snap! I like to use whatever vegetables I have on hand, but I always make sure I have plenty for variety.
Another main ingredient is cheese, which makes just about anything more delicious!
Photo Credit: Peggy Hazelwood
Serve Quiche for Breakfast
Easy and Fast Quiche
This easy recipe for vegetarian quiche really is quick and easy. And it's delicious!
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 -1/2 to 2 cups chopped vegetables:
- or any other vegetables on hand
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or minced garlic
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheese like cheddar or Swiss or any you like
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- frozen pie crust
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake the frozen pie crust for about 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, beat eggs, then add mayonnaise and milk. Beat till creamy. Add vegetables and cheese and mix.
- Add mixture to baked pie crust. Cover edges of pie crust with aluminum foil or a pie crust shield (shown below--they work great!) so the crust doesn't burn.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes. Quiche is done when a knife inserted in the center comes out cleanly.
- Let sit for 5 minutes then cut and serve.
You don't have to use a quiche pan to bake a quiche, but they're really nice and make a great presentation to serve to family and guests.
Serve Vegetarian Quiche for Lunch
Real Men Don't Eat Quiche... or Do They?
Quiche Cookbooks on eBay
These cookbooks are full of ideas on how to make quiche. Never run out of ways to jazz up eggs again.
Eggs are an economical and healthy food that when made into quiche is a great way to add vegetables to your diet as well.
Make Individual Quiches - Fancy That!
Making individual quiches is a lovely way to serve quiche to guests. Each person can request their quiche ingredients so this is a great way to serve a delicious breakfast to picky eaters.
Just be sure to bake them for less time than the big quiche pan version since they're small.
Pie Shields to Protect Your Crust - Don't Eat Burnt Crust
I really hate burnt pie crust (or quiche crust). Prevent this common problem with a pie shield. Just set on top of the crust before baking and your crust won't burn. Remove about 10 minutes before the quiche is done for a browner crust.
This author, Peggy Hazelwood, participates in Amazon, eBay, All Posters, and other affiliate advertising programs. When you click an advertising link on this page and make a purchase, I receive a small percent of the sale. Thank you for reading this far!