- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Soup Recipes
Easy Recipes: Genoese Vegetable Soup
Vegetable Soup Recipe
The following ingredients for making Genoese Vegetable Soup serve 8 people. If your hoping to cook for more people, you need to add more ingredients for it to be sufficient enough for everyone. Nevertheless, the ingredients for serving 8 people include:
· 200g\7 oz spinach leaves
· 225g\8 oz plum tomatoes
· 2 sliced onions
· 2 diced carrots
· 2 sliced celery stalks
· 2 diced potatoes
· 115g\4 oz frozen peas
· 115g\4 oz green beans cut into 1 inch\2.5cm lengths
· 2 diced courgettes
· 3 sliced garlic cloves
· 4 tbsp of olive oil
· 2 litres\48 fl oz vegetable or chicken stock
· Salt and pepper
· 140g\5 oz dried soup pasta
· Freshly grated Parmesan cheese to serve
· 2 garlic cloves
· 25g\1 oz pine nuts
· 115g\2 oz freshly grated Parmesan cheese
· 125ml\4 fl oz olive oil
How to Make Genoese Vegetable Soup
1) Remove any coarse stalks from the spinach and shred. Peel the tomatoes by cutting a cross in the bottom of each tomato and placing it in a heatproof bowl. Cover the boiling water and let it stand for 35-45 seconds. Drain and plunge the tomatoes into cold water and peel. Deseed and dice the tomatoes into a large saucepan together with all the onions, celery, potatoes, carrots, courgettes, garlic, beans and peas. Pour the olive oil and the chicken stock into the boil over low or medium-low heat. Simmer gently for 1 and a half hours.
2) Meanwhile, make the pesto by putting the collection of garlic, pine nuts, basil and some salt into a mortar and pound it to a paste with a pestle. Transport the mixture into a bowl and work the Parmesan cheese using a wooden spoon, followed by the olive oil to become a thick, creamy sauce. Cover the sauce with plastic wrap and keep in the fridge for later use.
3) Season the soup and add the pasta. Cook for a further 8-10 minutes, or until the pasta is tender but still firm enough to eat. Afterwards, add half of the pesto and remove the pan from the heat for 4 minutes for it to cool down. Add extra salt, pepper and pesto per your choice and serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
You can read more pasta recipes on my profile. Or if you wish, you can read some through the links below this article. I am writing several pasta recipes for you so browse around for any of them. It is possible that you may find some of the recipes that you’re looking for here on my profile. For more recipes, please visit my profile here on Hubpages.
For more reading, please check:
- How to Make a Cake
Making a simple sponge cake is the easiest of the lot. This is a great start to learning how to make a cake before getting into other varieties.
- Fish Recipes: Fish Soup with Anellini
The following ingredients for making Fish Soup with Anellini serve 6 people. If youre hoping to serve more, you need to add extra ingredients. The ingredients to serve 6 people include...
- Easy Recipes: White Bean Soup
Many types of beans are used for making some delicious variety of soups. White beans are just one of those soups that are used. Rural people had become aware of this particular bean because of how they were fortunate enough to afford this than other
- Chicken Recipes: Italian Chicken Soup
Italian soups can be light, thick, clear or even serve with additional ingredients like cream, parsley and garlic bread. If you have been reading more of the recipes I have published here on Hubpages, you would also agree with me regarding the other
- Easy Recipes: Tomato Soup
Tomato Soup is another excellent and common recipe that people enjoy. It is easy to make and needs just a few ingredients and requires a few easy steps to make the soup.