- Food and Cooking
Easy Soups - Two Quick Recipes
Are Vegan Soups Less Tastfull Than Regular Soups?
If you think that's the case you really must try these recipes. I used to be one of that people that said food must be served with a piece of meat or meatballs. Except for the dessert, all the other courses must have some kind of chopped animal with it. I know this sounds awfull. And truly it is.
Thankfully my little sister is a vegan for so many years and she advised me to try experimenting with vegetables and spices to reduce my intake of meat. Great benefit, I would feel a lot better if I did. So I tried.... and it was true. I do feel better and I don't hunger for meat as much as I did.
Back to my soups..... as I experimented I developed a taste for tasty vegan soups. Easy and fast to make, that's what I like. Family and friends love them and ask me to make them more often, so they can come over for dinner.
I hope you will like my recipes as much as they and I do. Enjoy!
Two Nice And Quick Soups
Past week I made my homemade soups so I could take pictures for this lens. There are always a couple of ingredients that I use in almost every soup (and meal). I just can't live without those ingredients. When you want to make my recipes make sure that you have:
- Garlic or Garlic Powder (I always use powder)
- Stock Cubes (vegetable)
More Nice Vegan Soups On Amazon
Number 1 - Leek Soup
- Leek (3 x)
- One big union
- 1,5 litre of water
- 3 stock cubes
- Garlic Powder
- 3 slices of cheese (just the one you like)
- a little salt (only if you want)
- Pour 1,5 litres in a pan of soup and wait till the water is boiling.
- Than add the chopped leeks, union, stock cubes on top
- Cover the ingredients with a thin layer of garlic powder
- Stir all ingredients till they are mixed and the stock cubes are dissolved.
- Then let the soup boil for 15-20 minutes
- Put all ingredients in the blender
- Watch out and hold the top of the blender, otherwise it will pop and you'll have hot soup all over the place.
- When the soup is smooth, you add two or three slices of cheese
- Stir till the cheese is transformed into little pieces.
- Add a little salt if you like
- If you like the soup to be sweet, add a tablespoon of honey
- Serve the soup when it's a little cooled down
- Smakelijk eten! Enjoy you dinner!
Lodge Color EC6D43 Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven, Island Spice Red, 6-QuartCHECK PRICE
Red Vanilla Dutch Garden 16-Piece Dinner SetCHECK PRICE
Lodge Logic L8DO3 Pre-Seasoned Dutch Oven, 5-QuartCHECK PRICE
Number 2 - Parsnip Soup
This is a forgotten vegetable and that's really a shame!
The soup is creamy and sweet with a really nice aftertaste.
- 1 litre of water
- 5 pieces of parsnip (you could use carrots instead, but you don't get the creamy flavour)
- 2 stock cubes (vegetable)
- 1 big union
- Garlic Powder
- a little salt
- a little tablespoon of honey
- Peel the parsnip with a peeler
- Then cut the parsnips in small pieces
- Chop the union
- Let the water boil
- Add all the chopped ingredients and the stock cubes
- Stirr till the stock cubes are dissolved
- Then you put a layer of Garlic powder on top
- Let the soup boil till the parsnips (or carrots) are smooth
- When the parsnips are smooth enough, poor all the ingredient into a blender
- Watch out and hold the top of the blender, or it will pop and you'll have hot soup all over you
- Put a tablespoon of honey in the soup
- Add a pinch of salt
- Let the soup cool down for a little while
- Smakelijk eten! Enjoy your dinner!
Dutch Cooking: Traditions, Ingredients, Tastes & TechniquesCHECK PRICE
Dutch & Belgian Food and CookingCHECK PRICE
A Little Dutch Cookbook (International Little Cookbooks)CHECK PRICE
Carpenter76 is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.