Fairy Cakes & Cupcake ideas for Kids
Easy cupcake recipes
Looking for an easy cupcake recipe to do some baking with the kids, this is the easiest fairy cakes recipe ever, and one that my daughter knows off by heart, Calling it her Angel Fairy Cakes Surprise, and just loves to make. Baking is an activity that all kids love. An easy recipe for kids to follow to make small cakes, making this a fantastic and fun way to learn about weight, measurement, reading and following instructions.
My daughter makes these with my supervision now.
We make a variation of the classic vanilla cupcake recipe and make our special Angel fairy cupcakes, with a twist.
And her daddy just loves them! Especially when he finds the lovely chocolate surprise inside.
They are so cute, everybody who is given one will just love them too.
What you need:
Pre heat heat oven 170 C
cupcake cooking tray (12) fill with paper or silicon cupcake moulds (12)
large wooden spoon
Electric hand held mixer (I have made this before without the use of these though)
- 4 oz Self Raising flour (110grms)
- 4 oz (110grms) butter or margarine
- must be at room temperature
- 4 oz (110grms) caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 -3 drops vanilla essence
- icing sugar 8oz (for the frosting)
- soft butter 2oz (for the frosting)
- sprinkles (for frosting decoration)
- small square of chocolate or fudge (only if you want to hide the surprises!)
- To start:
- Sift the flour and baking powder into your mixing bowl, this gives it a good "airing", as my mum used to say!
- Add all the other ingredients and mix well, then whisk the mixture with the electric whisk. (this is the fun and easy way)
- The mixture should be able to drop off the spoon easily when tapped on the side.
- use your spoon to add the mixture to your cup cases, we usually fill to just over 1/2 as remember these will rise.
- place in the oven,
- cook for around 12-15 minutes depending on your oven, (you will see them rise)
- Once removed from the oven, remove from the muffin tin, and place your cakes on the cooling rack to cool before you decorate them.
- How to make the Butter cream icing
- mix the icing and butter together, until you have a good texture for icing your cakes. (you want just enough to cover the cakes)
- You are going to take a knife and slice into the cake about 1/4 make sure it is at an angel as you make your way around the cup cake. You want to be removing the top and left with what looks like a crater. keep the top you are going to use it.
- We like to put into the space surprises, like a square of Dads favourite chocolate and cover with the Butter Cream Icing.
- Split the piece of cake you took off the top and place onto the top of the mixture, at angels and they should resemble Angel Wings.
How to make easy angel Fairy Cakes - Childs play in picturesClick thumbnail to view full-size
Kids baking Sets - for the little Chef
My daughter is definitely going to be a cook, she loves helping with dinner preperations, but like most kids loves to bake, over the years we have bought her these cute kids baking sets and they really do make a fantastic present idea.
Rocky Road the Best Chocolate Crispy Cake Recipe Ever
Easy rice crispy cake recipe, great for putting out after dinners and little treats for your Party, can be made days in advance too! This is the old fashione...
Kids Cook Books
Great gift idea to accompany their baking set.