- Food and Cooking
Easy vanilla sponge cake recipe
Simple and tasty cake that's easy on your wallet
Vanilla sponge cake is great for when you want to make a cake from scratch bu don't want to spend alot on money. sponge cake is unique in that it's leavening comes form air bubbles within the eggs, so you don't have to use things such as baking soda or powder.
Sponge cakes are also a great cake to make from scratch for beginnings, because they are very simple to make!
- 2 1/4 melted butter
- 1/4 fl oz vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 2 1/4 oz egg yolks
- 6 3/4 oz sugar
- 6 3/4 ap flour
- 1) coat cake pan with cooking spray, preheat oven to 350
- 2) combine butter and vanilla
- 3) combine eggs, egg yolks and sugar in stand mixer bowl and set over pot of simmering water, whisking constantly until mixture is warm to the touch.
- 4) place bowl back in stand mixer and whisk on high speed to max volume (when the batter stops appearing to expand in the bowl) then whisk on medium speed for 15 minutes.
- 5) fold in the flour, then fold in the butter
- 6) pour mixture into cake pan and bake for about 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- 7) let the cakes cool completely in the pans before removing, then your sponge cake is all set to go! :)