Grilled Chicken Thighs Easy Vietnamese Style
Vietnamese food.....Why not branch out and try something new?
I am a foodie.....I LOVE to try new kinds of foods and in the terms of wikipedia "foodies are amateurs who simply love food for consumption, study, preparation, and news".
I have found coming from a small town, branching out and trying new foods can be difficult. I mean really, with only a few Mexican food joints, a couple Chinese and only a handful of other to chose from the next best means of branching out must come from home prep.
This recipe comes from Luke Nguyen from the food channel. His recipe calls for pork necks, but I find that finding and using chicken thighs is easier. It is super simple to make and honestly, one of the best recipes I have made.
I hope that you will not only read the rest of my lens but also give this recipe a try.
Vietnamese Grilled Chicken Thighs
6-8 Green onions
2 Cloves of garlic
2 tbsp Sugar
4 tbsp Fish Sauce
1 tbsp Honey
1 tsp pepper
1lb Chicken Thighs
2 tbsp vegetable oil
12 wooden skewers (soaked in water)
1) Chop green onions and garlic. Mash with a mortar and pestal. If you dont have one like I dont, I put them in a bag and mash with a rolling pin.
2) Combine sugar, fish sauce, honey and pepper.
3) Slice chicken thighs into strips
4) In a bowl combine the green onion mash, fish sauce mix, chicken thighs and oil.
5) Marinate for minimum of 2 hours.
6) After marinating, place chicken thighs onto skewers
7) Place your skewerd chicken thighs onto the preheated grill. Cook until done
Once the meat is done this is where your preference comes into play. Personally I like my bun Thit on rice noodles, but you can use rice as I have done before on occasion.
Have you ever................
Have you ever tried Vietnamese food?
Some other Squidoo lenses you might appreciate!!!
Here is a couple of other Vietnamese recipes.
If you like my Writing.....
If you enjoy my writing then please check out my blog at Fashion and Style for the Alternative Girl
Its new and in the works but its been fun to write....
Also please take a peek at my Iron Fist Shoes Lens
And while your at it.... view my Cheap Iron Fist Shoes Blog
Stop by and give them a liking or a tweet!!! Cheers