- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Crock Pot Chili- Sweet and Spicy
Alternative ingredients and dinner ideas
This chili recipe is great on a rainy and cold day. It can be prepared easily in the morning and be ready by the time you eat dinner.
There are some different add-ons to this recipe. My dad adds mushrooms to his chili but I prefer not to. I enjoy my chili flavored with anaheim peppers and/or poblano peppers. My father and brothers prefer their chili flavored with jalapenos and habaneros. That is way too hot for me but they enjoy it. The brown sugar can also be adjusted to taste. I like mine to have a sweet kick to it.
This chili can be poured on top of Fritos for a tasty Frito chili pie. It is also yummy with sharp cheddar sprinkled on top. For the kids, I like to make hot dogs. The chili makes a very good chili dog.
Whatever your add-on or toppings this chili is sure to please. On top of that, it is extremely easy. So I hope you enjoy.
Yummy and filling dinner
- 1 1/2 pounds Ground Beef
- 10 oz. can Rotel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilis
- 16 oz. can Bush's Chili Beans
- 16 oz. can Bush's Kidney Beans
- 2-14.5 oz. cans Hunt's Diced Tomatoes and Sweet Onion
- 1 McCormick Slow Cooker Chili Packet
- 2 tbs. Mustard, to taste
- 1/4-2/3 cup Brown sugar, to taste
- 2-4 Anaheim, Jalapeno, or Poblano Pepper, whole with tops cut off
- Place ground beef in crock pot.
- Empty seasoning packet into crock pot.
- Empty each canned item into crock pot.
- Add the peppers of your choice.
- Add mustard and brown sugar. (More can be added later according to your specific taste).
- Turn crock pot on low and set for 8-10 hours.
- Stir occasionally if you can. If not don't worry it will still turn out great.