- Food and Cooking
Easy Leek and Potato Soup
If you are looking for a recipe for a simple soup that is full of flavor, Easy Leek and Potato Soup is just the one. I love making soup and always look for a recipe that's a bit different. Though vegetable beef and chicken noodle are two of my favorite soups, I like a change of pace now and then. Leeks have a more subtle flavor than onions and blend so nicely with the potatoes and broth. The half and half takes this soup over the top.
Note: If you prefer a thicker, chunkier soup, skip the blender and mash the leek and potato mixture.
- 1/2 stick butter
- 4 leeks-white part only chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 4 medium potatoes-peeled and diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 cup half and half
- salt and pepper to taste
- carrot for garnish
- Melt butter in large pot.
- Add leeks and saute about 15 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth, potatoes, garlic and dill and bring to a boil.
- Simmer about 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add mixture to blender and puree until desired consistency.
- Return to pot, add half and half, salt and pepper.
- Continue cooking until soup is heated through.
- Top with parsley and carrot garnish, if desired.