- Food and Cooking
Scrumptious Strawberry Tarts
I like easy recipes that look like I spent all day in the kitchen, but didn't. Scrumptious Strawberry Tarts are quick and simple using just a few ingredients. This recipe makes 12 tarts which is a generous amount for company. They are also delicious with peaches, substituting cinnamon and sugar for the jam mixture. Top with whipped cream, ice cream or powdered sugar for an extra special treat.
- 1 pkg. puff pastry, thawed
- 2 qts. strawberries, washed, hulled and sliced
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tbls. lemon juice
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- On a floured counter top or cutting board, cut puff pastry into 12 rectangles (6 per piece)
- Place rectangles on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until pastry is lightly browned.
- Let cool.
- Top with sliced strawberries.
- In a small bowl combine jam, honey and lemon juice.
- Brush strawberries with jam mixture.