- Food and Cooking
Easy Vegetarian Chili
I love making a big pot of chili because there are so many ways to use it. Of course, the first night, straight up topped with a little cheddar cheese and green onions with cornbread on the side. Second night, topped with some sour cream and dip in with tortilla chips. Third night, a full meal with a chili baked potato. Don't like to eat chili three nights in a row? Well, this Easy Vegetarian Chili freezes very well. I like to put individual portions in small freezer bags and then I can have my chili anytime.
- 1 tbls. olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 can vegetable broth
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can light red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes (with juice)
- 1 cup canned corn
- 2 tbls. chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Shredded cheddar
- Chopped green onions
- In a dutch oven or soup pot, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and green pepper, saute for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except for toppings.
- If chili is too thick add additional broth or water.
- Simmer over low heat for 1 hour.
- Serve with toppings.