40 Best Egg Salad Recipes
How Do You Make Egg Salad? Here is the answer!
I love eggs! OK, I admit it. This study is all about 'egg salad.' I am including at least 40 egg salad recipes. Egg salad is quick, easy, delicious, and healthy (in moderation). It may not seem an elegant appetizer, or entrÃ©e for a meal or snack, but it can be with a little imagination. The recipes for egg salad here range from simple to well-dressed. If you like eggs, if you like salads, then you will love at least some of these recipes!
I know there may be some controversy over the health aspects of the egg, but more and more studies are finding eggs are a great health food. Just don't overdo it! Before I get to the recipes, consider some of the health benefits of eggs.
1. Eggs are good for the eyes.
2. Eggs contain 6 grams of complete protein and a serving of all 9 essential amino acids that we need.
3. There is no proven link between eggs and heart disease.
4. One egg contain 5 grams fat, but only 1.5 grams of saturated fat.
5. Eggs are one of the only foods that contain naturally occurring vitamin D.
6. Recent research shows that eggs do not have a significant effect on cholesterol.
7. Eggs may help prevent breast cancer.
8. Eggs promote healthy hair and nails because of their high sulphur content and wide array of vitamins and minerals.
I may at a later time make a complete lens on the 'Health Benefits of Eggs,' but for now, I want to explore the many, many delicious and yummy recipes I include for egg salad! Hope you enjoy this lens site into "How Do You Make Egg Salad - 40 Best Egg Salad Recipes."
Are You a Fan of Egg Salad
What Do You Think of Egg Salad as a Food?
Recipe 1. We Begin with "Classic, Simple Egg Salad Recipe"
Recipes #1-#5, Quick, Easy Egg Salad Sandwich Recipes
The nice thing about egg salad is that there are a seemingly unlimited variety of things you can do and add to make your dish tasty, unique, aromatic, and attractive. We start with hard boiled eggs, peeled and chopped to your preferred chunkiness. Next we add mayonnaise to smooth out its filling. Then, we salt and pepper to taste. Finally, we add our secret or preferred extras to claim that 'best of all' rating.
In the below recipe, we primarily stay with the basics, plus a little!
What You Will Need: The BASIC stuff!
Salt & Pepper
8 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and coarsely chopped
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
Few dashes hot-pepper sauce
Lettuce or watercress
Bread or toast
Salt and pepper to taste
What To do:
After chopping eggs, stir in the mayonnaise followed by mustard and hot sauce. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve over greenery or bread. Makes an excellent chicken salad sandwich as well!
Now, a more simple egg salad recipes from the Web:
Recipe # 2. Classic Egg Salad by Martha Steward.com: includes basic ingredients with several possible mix-ins Your Choice!
Recipe #3 Cook's Illustrated Classic Egg Salad: I love the red onions in this recipe!
Recipe #4 Simple Egg Salad From Tasty Kitchen.com: This fantastic easy recipe uses miracle whip!
Recipe #5, How to Make Easy Egg Salad Sandwiches from Divine Caroline.com: Try a salad dressing of your choice with this one!
Now For Some "Combo" Egg Salad Recipes - (Egg Salad Sandwich Recipes #6-#20)
Now For Some "Combo" Egg Salad Recipes.
I call them combo because they combine not just the 'dressing' type mix-ins, but main ingredients that are often served as entrees alone!
- Recipe #6, Smoked Salmon and Egg Salad
Delicious and Yummy! eggs;celery,red onion, chopped; smoked salmon; mayonnaise; fresh dill; salt and pepper to taste.
- Recipe #7; Cooks.com - Recipe - Potato-Egg Salad
This is a combo treat of potato salad and egg salad. cream;salad dressing; vinegar; celery salt, paprika; crumbled cheese; potatoes, eggs
- Recipe #8 Salmon Egg Salad Recipe - Food.com
I love salmon, and love to mix it with eggs. celery, red onion, smoked salmon; 1 cup mayonnaise: fresh dill; salt and pepper to taste
- Recipe #9 Tuna, Arugula, and Egg Salad with Pita Chips Recipe | MyRecipes.com
A little more expensive recip, but worth the try! premium jarred tuna, fresh lemon juice; extra-virgin olive oil; Dijon mustard; freshly ground black pepper; baby arugula; cherry tomatoes red onion; kalamata olives; capers; light tuna in olive oil,
- Recipe #10 Chicken and Egg Salad Sandwich Recipe - RecipeTips.com
A Chicken and Egg Salad Sandwich that combines creamy egg salad and tender chunks of chicken to make a tasty sandwich. sweet pickle relish; mayonnaise, celery, sweet onion, fresh parsley, celery seed; breast of chicken.
- Recipe #11 Crabby Egg Salad Recipe
Here's an elegant twist to an old lunch favorite. celery; onion; 1 cup lump crab meat; mayonnaise; mustard (use grey pupon if you'd; like a little kick); dill; pinch of salt and pepper; dash of paprika;
- Recipe #12 : Southern Ham and Egg Salad; From DeepSouthDish.com
Here's another one of my favorite egg salad recipes, made with ham and a perfect sandwich filling to utilize some of that leftover holiday ham. chopped ham;green onion, celery, mayonnaise, yellow mustard, or to taste; Cajun seasoning freshly cracked
- Recipe #13 Roast Beef and Hard-Boiled Egg Salad Recipe
Sounds a little strange, but certainly worth the try. roast beef, diced (fairly small squares, about 1/4 inch, 5 mm); arugola ; black olives,
- Recipe #14 Steak-and-Egg Salad
Leave it to Martha Steward to present this fantastic idea and recipe! Recipe includes: 4 large eggs; 3/4 pound skirt steak, cut in half if long; Coarse salt and ground pepper; 1 head romaine lettuce, leaves separated; 1 head radicchio, leaves separat
- Recipe #15 Ground Beef and Egg Salad
Burgers and eggs - wow! A heart egg salad sandwich! Recipe includes: 6 - hard cooked eggs, peeled & diced; 4 - ounces cooked ground beef; 1/2 - cup mayonnaise; 1 - Tablespoon lemon juice; 1/4 - cup onion, chopped; 2 - Tablespoon green bell pepper
- Recipe #16 - Sausage Egg Salad
This delish dish is from the Egg Salad Gourmet! A little odd, but a favorite. Recipe includes: 4 Hard-boiled Eggs, peeled and chopped; 5 links Breakfast Sausage (about 3/4 cup), cooked and chopped; 1/3 cup Light Mayonnaise ; 2 tablespoons Sweet White
- Recipe #17 Egg and Bacon Salad
This recipe from the Food Network has great reviews. You can't wrong with bacon and eggs! Recipe includes: 4 eggs; 1 head escarole or frisee or other bitter leaves of choice; 1 teaspoon garlic oil; 7 ounces (3/4 cup) smoked lardoons, or about 14 slic
- Recipe #18 Yummy Sardine Egg Salad - Sardine Salad (Salade Stavangeroise )
I know that most folks wouldn't consider combining sardines and egg salad, but give it a try.1 head escarole; 1 bunch parsley; 3-4 tbsps raspberry vinegar; Â¼ cup olive oil; 1 garlic clove; 2 tsps dijon mustard; 1 tsp sugar; 8-12 cherry tomatoes (hal
- Recipe # 19 Egg Salad Pizza
Or, "Egg Salad Pizza Combs," because you use ice cream cones to contain the fabulous mixture of stuff! 1/4 cup bottled reduced-fat creamy Italian salad dressing; 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning, crushed; 6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped; 1/4 cup sliced gre
- Recipe #20 Blue Cheese Egg Salad Sandwich
OK, I am a big blue cheese fan. So combining cheese and egg salad is something I do all the time. Take a look at this recipe! 6 - hard-cooked eggs, peeled & diced; 1/3 - cup celery diced; 1/2 - cup mayonnaise; 2 - teaspoons lemon juice; 3 - table
Egg Salad Cooking Tip: How to boil eggs.
Bring Water in Pot to Boil
Gently add eggs
Reduce heat to low boil
Boil 10 to 12 minutes (Do not over cook)
Place eggs in cold water
Egg Salad Cooking Tip: How to peel boiled eggs.
Gently crack eggs while hot
Let cool in icy water
Crack eggs at each end
Roll eggs on table top with palm of hands to further crack shells.
Dip eggs in bowl of warm water and shells should gently slide off!
Egg Salad Cooking Tip: How to cut up the eggs.
For a delightful chunky texture, chop the eggs with a pastry cutter.
For a smoother texture use a fork.
Great Recipe Books - an Amazon Search
If your serious about egg salad, consider this beautiful egg cooker! - make egg salad helper
If you are looking for an egg cooker that boils several eggs at a time, and can poach eggs as well; if you are looking for a a cooker which can so calibrate the amount of water it can perfectly cook soft, medium or hard boiled eggs; if you are looking for a fantastic egg cooker that can prevent that horrible green color in your eggs by leaching out the surfer caused by overcooking. then consider this unique treasure as your next purchase.
This cooker assures you of the proper amount of water for any egg boiling recipe. It even has a light and bell to tell you when your eggs are ready. It holds up to seven eggs; has a removable plastic egg tray for cooling your eggs. Did I mention that it is easily cleaned? It measures 9-1/8 inches wide and 5-1/4 inches high.
WHAT THIS UNIT IS KNOWN FOR THAT MAKES IT WORCH RECOMMENDATION. This unit makes WONDERFUL poached eggs. Moist BUT NOT rubbery.The Plastic containers are easy to clean. NONSTICK!If you love Egg Salad. This hard boils your eggs and you DON'T HAVE TO WATCH IT.VERY AFFORDABLE! Well worth the price! Try it. You'll like it. Forget that: You'll LOVE it!
I know my preferences may not be the same as yours, but I like my egg salad a little spicy, enough to bite a smidge, but not so much to interfere with the 'eggy' stuff! My favorite spice is the simple ground black pepper. In this section (Recipes #21-#30) I will include some preferred ideas of different ranges of 'heat.'
If you want some suggestions on different pepper substitutes, I recommend the 'Extensive Pepper Guide'. Many of these can be interchanged to enhance flavor or spiciness!
I love the taste of banana peppers, the sweeter the better. They can range in heat, so be aware.
Recipe #21 Banana Pepper Egg Salad
HARD BOILED Eggs
Salt & Pepper
- 6 hard boiled large eggs mashed heavy with a fork
- 1 tsp mustard of choice
- 2 -3 heaping Tbs of a creamy mayo
- 2 -3Tbs of finely diced onion
- 1 Tbs of diced sweet pickles (You may use pickle relish)
- 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbs of diced banana peppers
- Salt and pepper to taste (but I go heavy on the pepper)
- 1 -2 Tbs of Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Dash or two of tabasco sauce
- This quick recipe just requires missing ingredients and coating two pieces of toasted bread of your choice. It is very flexible; breads can be interchanged, differing peppers can be substituted, celery can be added; you can add a slice of your favorite cheese to your sandwich rather than the shredded. I hope you enjoy it! Recipe #22 Spicy Egg Salad from CD Kitchen.com - 8 eggs, hard-boiled and peeled; 1 tablespoon mayonnaise; 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard; 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard; 1 teaspoon paprika; 1/2 medium yellow onion, minced; salt and black pepper, to taste; Recipe #23 A Very Spicy Egg Salad With a Kick from Food.com 8 large eggs , hardboiled, cooled & peeled; 1/2 cup diced celery; 1/2 cup diced onion; 1 1/2 tablespoons prepared mustard (I use brown); 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Chipotle Chile; 1/3 cup mayonnaise, Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/spicy-egg-salad-174074#ixzz1rOYUin2d; Recipe #24 A Chunky, Spicy Egg Salad Recipe from DashRecipes.com 8 large eggs; 2 stalks celery, trimmed and thinly sliced; 1 red bell pepper, diced; 1 jalapeÃ±o pepper, finely chopped; 1 baby white onion, finely chopped; Salt and freshly ground pepper; 1/2 cup light mayonnaise; Juice of 1 lime; 1/2 to 1 tsp chili powder, to taste; Tabasco, to taste; Chopped cilantro; Recipe #25 Super Hot Indian Style Egg Salad This would also be an excellent filling for sandwiches or pita pockets. Recipe #26 Egg Salad! Creamy Smokey Hot (As in Spice) (From food.com)Recommended for heat lovers. ... 10 large hard-boiled eggs , peeled and chopped; 10 slices bacon , cooked and crumbled; 1/3 cup sweet onion , finely chopped; 1/4 cup celery rib , finely chopped; salt; black pepper; cilantro; 1/2 cup mayonnaise (or to taste); 1 chipotle chile in adobo , chopped (seeds removed if you can`t handle it all that spicy); Recipe #27 Spicy Egg Salad Sandwiches From Yummy.com ; 4 ozs green chilies (diced); 4 eggs (hard-cooked, peeled and chopped); 3 tbsps light mayonnaise (fat-free); 2 tbsps green onions (sliced); Â¼ tsp hot pepper sauce; 4 bagels (english muffins split and toasted Recipe #28 Jalapeno Egg Salad Recipe from Homesick Texan ; 6 hard-boiled eggs; 1 pickled or fresh jalapeÃ±o, seeds and stems removed, diced; 1 green onion, finely chopped, green part only (about a tablespoon); 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro; 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin; 1 tablespoon mayonnaise; 2 tablespoons yellow mustard; 1 teaspoon lemon juice; Salt, black pepper and cayenne to taste; Bread or tortilla chips for serving; Recipe #29 Curry Egg Salad on Toast from American Spice.com; A tasty twist on a classic recipe, this egg salad features hummus, spicy curry, and cranberries. Recipe #30 Egg Salad with Serrano Peppers from chili pepper madness.com 6 small Serrano peppers, sliced into spears; 4 hard boiled eggs; 2 whole wheat pitas, warmed; 3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese; 4 teaspoons horseradish sauce; 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard; 2 slices white cheddar cheese
9 Kosher Egg Salad Recipes (Recipes #31-39) - Recipe #31 Cream Cheese Egg Salad - recipes for egg salad sandwiches
And now, for some kosher and veggie egg salad sandwich recipes. For my first example I relate one which uses (one of my food loves!) cream cheese. The mixing of these ingredients is simply amazing.
- 12 hard-boiled eggs - peeled- mashed with a fork
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonaise
- 1 medium sweet white onion- skin peeled -onion diced
- 1 -2 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
- Blend Cream Cheese and Mayo until smooth. Add To mashed eggs. stir. Add in onions and relish. Chill. serve over bread or lettuce, or as sandwich. Delicious. Recipe #32 Egg Salad (Dairy) from About.com 12 hard-boiled eggs; 1/4 cup cream cheese; 1/2 cup mayonnaise; 1 bunch green onions, sliced; salt and pepper to taste; Recipe #33 How to Make Kosher Egg Salad eHow.com "Kosher egg salad meets the dietary regulations set by the rabbis based on the verses about clean and unclean foods in the Torah Recipe #34 Quinoa and Black Beans Egg Salad Recipe from allRecipes.com 1 teaspoon vegetable oil; 1 onion, chopped; 3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped; 3/4 cup uncooked quinoa; 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth; 1 teaspoon ground cumin; 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper; salt and pepper to taste; 1 cup frozen corn kernels; 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained; 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro Recipe #35 Perfect Egg Salad from Leah Cooks Kosher.com "So, egg salad isn't rocket science but it is often not that great. I make mine with eggs and Best Foods Mayonnaise. That is it and I've been hired for many events simply because of my egg salad. Go figure. Some caterers, purchasing pre-cooked boiled eggs, will add funky tasting spreads and dried dill, etc. Ick. If you are going to add dill, use fresh as the color and flavor are much more vibrant. " Recipe #36 AMYNTA'S LETTUCE and EGG SALAD 2 heads Lettuce; 3 hard boiled Eggs; 1 demitasse cup ELEA extra virgin Olive Oil; 1/2 demitasse cup (or use lemon juice) Vinegar "KOSHER"; 2 tablespoons, chopped Onion ; 1 tablespoon, chopped Dill ; Sea Salt; Pepper; Recipe #37 Chopped Egg Salad with Watercress 4 scallions, washed and trimmed to 4" long; 1/3 cup mayonnaise; 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard; Salt and freshly ground black pepper; 6 hard-boiled eggs; 1 large bunch watercress, washed, tough stems removed (approx. 3 cups)*; 1/4 cup petite frozen peas; Recipe #38 Skinny Low-Yolk Egg Salad from skinnytaste.com 4 hard boiled eggs, peeled; 4 tsp Hellman's light mayonnaise; 1/2 tsp dijon mustard; 2 tbsp chopped green scallions or chives; salt and fresh pepper to taste Recipe # 39 Cucumber-Basil Egg Salad from Epicurious.com ; 6 hard-cooked eggs, diced (2 cups); 3/4 cup seeded, diced cucumbers (about 1/2 cucumber); 1/4 cup minced shallots; 1/2 cup sliced green onions (green part only); 3 tablespoons lightly packed chopped fresh basil; 1/2 cup mayonnaise; 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt; 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper ----- And Finally, An Odd One ----- Recipe# 40 A very odd eggs salad Recipe! ODD TUNA-EGG-AVOCADO NOODLE SALAD Recipe (Note: My jury is still out on this one; I would make some substitutes, I think! But it is worth a try!) 1/2 a box of rotini pasta (that corkscrew stuff); --A can of tuna 2-3 eggs (hard-boiled); --1 avocado (isn't strictly necessary); --a pre-prepared vinaigrette; --salt;