Eggless Vanilla Cake
Serves 10 - 12
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup warm water
- 3/4 tsp bi-carbonate of soda, levelled
- 11/2 tsp baking powder, levelled
- 250g self raising flour
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 100g butter, melted
- 379g condensed milk, sweetened
- Sieve together flour, icing sugar, bi-carbonate soda and baking powder
- Mix condensed milk, vanilla essence, melted butter and warm water thoroughly into the dry ingredients above.
- Spread a thin layer of butter on your mould and sprinkle some flour. Then pour the batter into the mould. Make sure your mould is not full, you need to allow some space for the cake to rise.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 170ºC for 40 minutes
- When you are checking whether the cake is ready or not, pass a knife through the cake, it should come out clean.
- Cool cake on a wire rack.
The ingredients of this cake are very simple and are available at all supermarkets.
Just make sure your oven is working properly before you start baking a cake.
There are many ways of making this cake even more exciting by icing it or my pouring melted chocolate over it, just make sure you add a lil milk to the melted chocolate, not too much, to make it a little less hardened.
You can add further ingredients to make this into a pinacolada cake.