- Food and Cooking»
- World Cuisines»
- Southeast Asian Cuisine
Fried Eggplant with Egg - Tortang Talong
Torta: Eggplant Omelette
Eggplant Omelette or commonly known as Torta na Talong is a simple viand served in many eateries and most especially at home during in the morning meal but some people also serve it during the noon meal.
Many versions of this type of viand have now evolved nationwide – some include some additional vegetables such as potatoes, tomatoes or even carrots chopped into cubes to complement the eggplant’s taste. But the below recipe is just the traditional torta. And this type is highly recommended to those people who are beginners or new to cooking field since it just requires you minimal effort and you can easily prepare it for your loved ones. Read it and I hope you’ll enjoy preparing torta with this simple recipe.
You will need:
4 pieces eggplant
6 pieces eggs
Here’s how to cook:
1. Fill a casserole with enough water. Then add the eggplants.
2. Let it be boiled for about 5 minutes. After that, remove the eggplants and let it be cooled.
3. Remove the outer skin of the eggplants. Use either your fingers or a knife.
4. When the eggplants’ skin are completely removed, flatten it with the knife or spoon.
5. Beat the eggs using a beater or even a fork in a separate bowl.
6. Add some salt and pepper depending on your desired taste. Stir continuously.
7. Soak the eggplants into the bowl.
8. Pour some cooking oil into the frying pan. Set the fire into medium heat.
9. When the oil is hot enough, pour the eggplant one or two at a time. It depends on you.
10. Let it be fried for a few minutes. When it turns into brown, turn upside down the eggplant so that the other side will be cooked also.
11. Put the cooked eggplant omelette into a plate and it’s now ready to serve!
MORE FILIPINO FOOD RECIPES HERE:
- filipinofoods on HubPages
I'm a restaurant owner in Manila, Philippines. Cooking Filipino foods and other Asian dishes is my passion. I am proud of Filipino culture and have...