- Food and Cooking
Exotic Vegan Broccoli With Orange Slices
This dish is very exotic. I made it on the spur of the moment with things I had around the kitchen. It is influenced by Asian cooking. This is because I have utilized mandarin slices of orange. This is a vegan dish. It is full of lots of ingredients which might seem unconventional. This dish takes a long time to cook. I spent an hour and a half preparing it.
- Prep time: 15 min
- Cook time: 45 min
- Ready in: 1 hour
- Yields: 2
- 1 Package of Broccoli
- 15 Garlic Cloves, peeled
- 2 Red Onions
- 1/4 Cup of Tahini
- 1 Tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce
- 1 Head of Cauliflower
- 1 Can of Coconut Milk
- 1 Can of Mandarin Oranges in a light syrup
- 1/4 Cup of Xyla
- Heat oil on high in iron skillet.
- Cut Broccoli florets into large chunks.
- Put Broccoli into frying pan.
- Add 15 garlic cloves.
- Cut onions into disks.
- Put onions in skillet.
- Lower temperature to medium.
- Saute for 5 minutes.
- Lower temperature to low.
- Allow the broccoli, onions, and garlic to saute for about 15 minutes.
- Add all the liquid ingredients.
- Cut Cauliflower into small pieces.
- Add the mandarin oranges along with the juice.
- Add Xyla or other sweetener.
- Allow to cook for about an hour.