- Food and Cooking»
- Cooking Ingredients
Fall Recipe: Pumpkin Pasta Sauce
Delicious & Festive Pumpkin Pasta Sauce Recipes to Thrill Your Taste Buds
I have found that adding pumpkin to your pasta sauces is not only DELICIOUS, but it also adds a wonderfully creamy texture.
Recently, I tried out a recipe for Pumpkin Alfredo Pasta and it was excellent! My success inspired me to search out additional pasta sauce recipes that include pumpkin as well.
Below, you will find pictures and the recipe for Easy Pumpkin Alfredo that I tried myself, along with another tasty looking pumpkin sauce recipe that I hope to try very soon!
If you have the opportunity to try any of these recipes out for yourself, I would LOVE to hear about the results! ENJOY!
Some of the images below were taken by me and belong to me, unless otherwise specified. Please ask permission before using.
Do you enjoy trying out new foods and flavors in the kitchen?
Recipe for Pumpkin Alfredo Pasta
I am a lover of all alfredo sauces. I also adore pumpkin. So when I came upon this recipe, I was very excited! I found the idea at Meatless Meals for Meat Eaters.
Earlier this week, I tried out the recipe for myself and it was DELICIOUS! I will definitely be making this sauce again. I was also very pleased that this dish was quick and easy to make, which in my opinion, is always a good thing!
The alfredo sauce turned out to be very decadent, thick, and creamy. The main flavors were garlic and Parmesan, but with a hint of nutty pumpkin undertones.
Plus, in my opinion, the orange color just adds some extra fun to this dish. My husband, on the other hand, was horrified by the color! So, I suppose you should take the folks you are planning to serve this dish to into consideration and whether or not they would appreciate a light orange pasta sauce or not.
(As a side note, my husband's response to this meal was very amusing, which gives this recipe an extra thumbs up, in my book!)
- Prep time: 5 min
- Cook time: 25 min
- Ready in: 30 min
- 14.5 oz Penne Pasta ( Or Fettuccine or Spiral Noodles)
- 2 Minced Garlic Cloves
- 2 Tbsp Butter or Margerine
- 2 Tbsp Cream Cheese
- 1 1/2 Cups Canned Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese (Either Grated or Shredded)
- 1 Tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper
- Prepare pasta according to directions on the box.
- While pasta is boiling, saute the minced garlic in margarine or butter in a medium sauce pan, over medium heat.
- Then, stir in the remaining ingredients: pumpkin puree, milk, Parmesan cheese, cream cheese, sea salt, nutmeg, and black pepper.
- Whisk the mixture until all ingredients are combined well and simmer, stirring frequently.
- When the cheese is completely melted and the sauce is of a creamy and smooth texture, remove from heat.
- Ladle the Pumpkin Alfredo over the noodles of your choice. Top with a little bit of Parmesan cheese and parsley, if you like.
- Lastly, prepare your taste buds for amazement because this dish is super tasty!
Another Pumpkin Pasta Sauce Idea for the Adventurous
How to Make Homemade Crock Pot Pumpkin Spaghetti Sauce - See Below for Instructions
Recipe for Crock Pot Pumpkin Spaghetti Sauce
Are You Ready to Give This Recipe a Try? - See the List of Ingredients and Instructions Below.
This recipe appeals to me for two reasons: crock pot and pumpkin! While I haven't yet tried this out yet, it is definitely on my list!
I love that this recipe is easy to prepare and the crock pot does most of the work for you. Just by browsing the ingredients, I can tell this sauce will have a lot of great flavor. Plus, the pumpkin will ensure that the texture is thick and smooth.
Watch the video above to see what the end result looks like. I guarantee your mouth will be watering just as mine was. Once I have a chance to give this fun and exciting recipe a try, I will definitely post my results to share with all of you!
- Prep time: 5 min
- Cook time: 2 hours 55 min
- Ready in: 3 hours
- 2 Cans Fire Roasted Tomatoes (About 3 Cups)
- 1/4 Cup Tomato Paste
- 1 Cup Canned Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/2 Tsp Basil
- 1/4 Tsp Dried Parsley
- 1/4 Tsp Thyme
- 1/4 Tsp Chili Powder
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Diced Onion
- 3 Cloves of Minced Garlic
- 1/8 Tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
- Begin by adding the following ingredients into your crock pot: fire roasted tomatoes, tomato paste, pumpkin puree, dried oregano, basil, dried parsley, thyme, chili powder, and olive oil.
- Stir ingredients until well mixed.
- Then add: diced onion, minced garlic, sea salt, and black pepper.
- Stir ingredients again, mixing well.
- Cover your crock pot and cook on low for 3 hours or on high for 1 hour, 30 minutes.
- Ladle sauce over spaghetti noodles and serve! (In the video above, they also recommend adding some steamed kale to the spaghetti as well, which is optional.)
Check Out More Great Pumpkin Recipes for Your Kindle on Amazon!
Kindle Price: $4.97