Fast & Delicious Dreamsicle Cookies
If you're having a cookie craving, you can whip these up and be eating them in about 20 minutes or less! They are easy enough for kids to help with too. Best of all, you can make them in any flavor that cake mixes come in, not just the Dreamsicle flavor I featured here! They're perfect for add-ins like chocolate chips, coconut, candies, and so on. You can frost them with your favorite icing, or not!
This dough would keep well refrigerated or frozen. Just roll the dough into balls, freeze on a cookie sheet, then remove for storage to a freezer container. So when those unexpected holiday guests drop by, you can have freshly baked cookies in minutes!
- One Dreamsicle flavor (or any other flavor!) packaged cake mix
- 1 small pkg. Vanilla pudding mix
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1/2 cup of any desired add-ins
- Canned frosting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325
- Blend all ingredients on low speed with mixer until well combined. Stir in the add-ins if any by hand.
- Roll about a tablespoon sized ball of dough, squish slightly to flatten and place 2" apart on silicone baking sheet.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes, test for doneness.
- If desired place a Hershey Kiss or other candy into hot cookies after removing from oven.
- Allow to cool thoroughly on rack before removing cookies as they are soft when done and need to firm up.
There is nothing that bakes cookies more evenly than silicone! Once I went silicone, I've never baked cookies any other way! Just sit this mat on top of any cookie sheet. They're even dishwasher safe!
I received this last Christmas as a gift and LOVE it!! No more broken cookies for me!
What a pretty way to serve the cookies to your holiday guests!