Favorite Cookie Recipes
Everyone Loves Cookies
Yummy, yummy, from old to young, most everyone loves cookies. Here is a collection of favorite cookie recipes I've tried through the years. Great cookie recipes for the holidays or for any day. The children always love to help in the kitchen when baking cookies. These are fun to do on the holidays or for a special treat.
Photo: by J.B. Hill, www.wikimedia.org
Here is a very simple cookie recipe that I got from Hershey's that makes a wonderful cookie that kids and adults alike. The kids love to help make these cookies. You just have to protect the cookies when they are finished or you won't have any left for the guests. What I like about these cookies is that the results are very consistent and professional looking, even when the kids help.
- 48 Hershey's Kisses
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 -1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- granulated sugar for rolling cookies in
- Preheat oven to 375Â°F.
- Combine shortening and peanut butter in a large bowl and beat well. Add sugar and brown sugar and beat until mix is a fluffy consistency. Add the egg, milk and vanilla to the mix and beat well.
- Blend together the flour, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl. Slowly add the flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture while mixing.
- Shape peanut butter dough into 1 inch balls and roll each ball in granulated sugar. Place each ball on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Place cookie sheet in oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. While cookies are in the oven remove wrappers from the chocolates.
- Remove cookies from oven and immediately press a chocolate in the center of each cookie. Remove from cookie sheet and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Another variation would be to add different kind of kisses.
- recipe by: http://www.hersheys.com
What is your favorite cookie?
A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand. ~Author Unknown