Classic Fettuccine Alfredo
This classic Fettuccine alfredo recipe is so easy anyone can make it
Classic Fettuccine Alfredo is creamy, satisfying and very rich. It is such a famous dish that February 7 each year is National Fettuccine Alfredo Day. The dish contains basic wholesome ingredients and you can easily add to the basic recipe to personalize it to your tastes. Once you have mastered the basic recipe below you can add bacon or chicken, mushrooms and ham or even tuna. Add more cream for extra richness or try adding marscapone or cream cheese. For a twist use crumbled blue cheese and throw in some walnuts. Change the look completely by using ravioli instead of fettuccine.
This is a good strong recipe that holds up well to personal variations. Try it and enjoy. Bon appetit!
Image credit: Rizka Budiati on flickr
Do you like pasta dishes?
Pasta Cookbooks on Amazon
- 1 packet fettucine
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- dash of salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- nutmeg (optional)
- Boil a pan of water and cook the fettuccine pasta until al dente. Just before it is ready remove a small cup of the water for later.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium-low heat, add the cream and gently whisk together.
- Season with a dash of salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add nutmeg if desired.
- Sprinkle half off the parmesan into a large bowl and pour the butter cream mixture over it.
- Drain the pasta and add to the bowl. Use tongs to gently combine the ingredients.
- Add the remaining parmesan. If it seems gloopy add some pasta water to achieve a good consistency.
- Add a sprinkle of black pepper just before serving.