Best French Toast Breakfast Recipes
French Toast: The Best Traditional, Fancy, Fun and Favorite Breakfast Recipes
French toast is a classic breakfast favorite amongst people all over the world. In Spain, they call them torrijas. The UK has many names for the bread, from "eggy bread" to "french fried bread," or "gypsy toast." No matter where you have french toast or what it's called, one simple thing remains the same: the recipe consists of bread, preferably day old, dipped in an egg mixture and fried up, sometimes with maple syrup. Delicious! Here you can find some of the best French toast breakfast recipes to choose from, including the traditional recipe that everyone uses.
Directions to Make the Best Breakfast French Toast Ever
The basic ingredients and how to make an outstanding french toast breakfast
French toast couldn't be easier to make, and everyone loves it. Well, nearly everyone! There are many variations you can try out instead of the plain old original recipe (which is still good!). If you don't know how to make french toast, here are some directions for the basic recipe:
- Bread--nearly any kind will do.
- Maple syrup
1. Start by preheating a griddle on medium heat. Place a tablespoon of butter onto the griddle.
2. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Mix 2 eggs with 1/4 cup of milk. Whisk until the yolk is thoroughly mixed.
3. Dip the bread into the milk-egg mixture, coating both sides, then place onto the griddle.
4. Sprinkle cinnamon onto each slice. Cook each side until golden brown. Serve with maple syrup immediately. Enjoy!
And, no one ever said you have to eat this just for breakfast! Try it for dinner one night and it will be just as good. Serve it up with some fresh fruit, and you'll have a meal on your hands.
Perfect for French Toast: The Square Griddle - Fry up your French Toast on this durable square griddle!
This pan is easy to wash, and it's the perfect size for 4 big pieces of French Toast. It distributes the heat evenly, and has a high quality non-stick surface that won't break away over time.
The Best French Toast Recipes - Find more unique French Toast breakfast recipes on the web!
Listed here are some of the best, tried and true french toast recipes to choose from on the web. Whether you're looking for the stuffed variety, blueberry, banana, Hong Kong style or a deep fried version, these recipes will please any taste.
- Challah Bread French Toast Recipe
Never had Challah Bread? Oh, you don't know what you're missing. Using this type of bread is really the ULTIMATE french toast. It's that good.
- Baked French Toast Casserole with Maple Syrup
Easy to make, and much different than traditional French toast.
- Maple French Toast
Why not infuse the french toast instead of just putting it on top?
- Blueberry French Toast
A delicious French toast bake with cream cheese and blueberry sauce.
- Holiday Morning French Toast
Perfect for holiday mornings, this French toast features cranberries and apples thrown into the fray.
- Banana Bread French Toast
Perfect any time of year!
- Cinnamon French Toast Sticks w/Spicy Cider Syrup
An easy food to just use your fingers to eat.
- Thick Cinnamon Raisin French Toast
A thicker version of the classic, with fresh bread instead of store bought.
- Deep Fried French Toast
What could be more decadent? Deep fried, this bread can be used for monte christo sandwiches as well.
- Hong Kong Style French Toast
The eastern world's variation of this classic!
- Creme Brulee French Toast
Rich french toast that can be made ahead of time.
- Spanish French Toast
"... as moist as a good bread pudding, nearly as rich as a custard, as crunchy as a churro and hot enough to stand up to maple syrup or honey."
Stonewall Kitchen's Grade A Amber Maple Syrup - Top off your French Toast with an extraordinary syrup!
Stonewall Kitchen is renowned for their extraordinary kitchen items, easy bake mixes, condiments, and toppings like this delicious Grade A Maple Syrup. A great maple syrup will go a long way. You'll need less as a topping, and you'll have a more satisfying authentic maple-tasting breakfast.
French Toast Recipes: From Unique to Basic and Back - The Best French Toast book available
If you're a french toast lover, this book is for you. It's the bible to everyone's favorite breakfast food, including great recipes and tips to spice up your morning meal.
Adventurous French Toast Recipes - Breakfast recipes that go beyond the norm of the french toast world!
Go ahead, be adventurous! These recipes are a great departure from the traditional that you're used to, and still delicious!
- Ham, Brie, and Apple French Toast Panini
Decadent, rich, and awesome. Say no more.
- French Toast Sandwich
You'll need a fork to eat this rich and decadent take on an old favorite.
- French Toast Lasagna
A unique variation of french toast!
- French Toast Muffins
French toast muffins with nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Baked French Toast
Received great reviews on AllRecipes.com.
- French Toast Pancakes
The best of both worlds?
- French Toast Waffles
You can cook french toast in the waffle iron...it's sort of a french toast-waffle fusion!
Something Different: Blueberry Syrup - The perfect topping for your French Toast!
Blueberry syrup is perfect on breakfast treats like this one. A consistency similar to maple syrup, this blueberry syrup will be just as sweet and tasty. Some have even used it in drinks like lattes!
Tips for Better French Toast
Easy tips to ensure a perfect breakfast every time!
Make a healthier French Toast by using sugar free syrup and a healthy butter spread like Smart Balance. Cut the calories and fat!When making your french toast, there are a few things you can start off with that will make your final product much tastier!
- Make sure the pan is buttered and that there's enough butter to keep the pan greased. Keep an eye on the butter so that it doesn't burn.
- Dip the bread in the egg long enough so that enough mixture soaks into the bread. Too little mixture will simply make toast. Use dry, stale bread to soak up the most batter.
- Serve syrup warmed to keep the french toast warm once it's cooked.
- Don't be afraid to try different types of bread! Use cinnamon bread, raisin bread, corn bread, you name it!
High Quality Maple Syrups - You need great syrup to make great French Toast!
French Toast is just fried bread without the syrup. Make sure you get the best possible kind of syrup for your breakfast and baking! My personal tip: Vermont syrup is often the best maple syrup. But you can find great syrup in New Hampshire, Maine, and even Wisconsin.
A Toast to French Toast... - What spices do you use?
What's your favorite spice to use in french toast?
Presentation of your French Toast
Make your breakfast meal taste and look phenomenal!
You can do a few things to make your french toast look a little fancier once it's cooked.
- Cut the slices of bread before cooking into triangles. Arrange on top of each other, slightly overlapping.
- Use powdered sugar as a garnish.
- Use whipped cream and fresh fruit to garnsih the top and sides of the french toast.
- Use a long dish to sit the french toast in lengthwise for an attractive presentation.