- Food and Cooking
Fresh and Easy Zucchini Onion Frittata
A delicious way to eat your veggies and enjoy them too! It doesn't get much better when you combine fresh zucchini, eggs and cheese in an easy recipe.
This is the time of year when there is definitely not a shortage of fresh zucchini. Whether it's an excess from your own garden or your neighbors, it's always good to have a few great zucchini recipes lying around.
A Fresh and Easy Zucchini Onion Frittata is a perfect way to use up all of those extra zucchinis. This dish is inexpensive, gluten-free, vegetarian and impressive enough to serve guests for breakfast, lunch or dinner..
- 10 large eggs
- 1/3 cup whole milk or half and half
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tbls. butter
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Lightly beat together eggs, milk, garlic powder, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Set oven to broil.
- Using an oven-safe saute pan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add zucchini and onion; saute until cooked through.
- Pour egg mixture over zucchini and onion and cook for about 5 minutes or until eggs are almost set.
- Remove from heat and top with Romano and Parmesan cheese.
- Broil for about 3 minutes or until cheese is melted, watching constantly.
- Cut into 6 wedges and serve.