Garlic Herb & Sharp Cheddar Grilled Cheese
NEW TASTE ON AN OLD FAVORITE!
I love grilled cheese sandwiches and typically in the past used the old standby of cheddar cheese, as this is the traditional way. However, when growing up my mom cooked great meals & I picked up on her style, like using mayo instead of butter to grill the sandwich with. With that in mind I also enjoy discovering new ways to make tired and true traditional dishes in creative updated ways. In doing this to dishes we already love and enjoy, I've discovered new sensational ways to have old favorite in a new ways! For this reason is way I'd like to share this revamped favorite with you.
My daughter brought a real flavor packed cheese during football season, Garlic & Herb flavored & left it behind. I was out of regular cheese & I wanted a grilled cheese and thought why not, I'll use it. I tried it. Have to say it was full bodied and a more fulfilling grilled cheese I have ever had. Since that initial discovery I have made other variations and found by adding sharp cheddar it increases the flavor intensity and brings more color to the sandwich. Try it both ways and let me know your favorite flavors!
It is with this I'm sharing what I found to be a new great Grilled Cheese.
Prep Time: 5-10
Total Time: 10-15
- 4 Slices of your favorite bread
- 4 slices of Garlic & Herb Cheese
- 4 slices of Sharp Cheddar
- Mayonnaise or MircleWhip spread
- Grilling pan turned onto medium-high heat
- Spread one slice of your bread with your dressing ~ place sread side down onto pan
- Place one slice each of cheese of each flavor onto bread
- Let cook while you finish spreading final bread slice with your dressing
- Cook until you have a nice golden color of bread - turn
- Continue cooking until you get tha same result from over turned side...
- Place on plate and serve with your favorite soup