Garlic Roasted Asparagus
Asparagus has always been my favorite vegetable. After years and years of steaming it and tossing it with hot melted butter, I decided I wanted to try making it a little differently than what my family was used to. Many times when I switch up how I prepare a vegetable the reactions I get are not always good. When I went back to get a second helping of the garlic roasted asparagus it was all gone. It was a hit and everyone asked if I could make this way all the time.
Once the snow is all gone and barbecue season is here I'll be grilling and using the following recipe by wrapping everything up in aluminum tinfoil.
When the dish comes out of the oven you may want to give it a splash of lemon juice, or add a bit of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Asparagus rinsed and prepared by snapping off the ends
- 2 Tbs. of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 -3 cloves of garlic minced
- Fresh ground pepper
- Preheat the over to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- To the bottom of an oven safe dish add the asparagus spears
- Add the extra virgin olive oil making sure to coat the asparagus
- Evenly sprinkle the spears with the minced garlic
- Add fresh ground pepper and pop into the oven for 15-20 minutes or until they are fork tender
- Serve and ENJOY!
© 2014 Susan Zutautas