Gayle's Peanut Butter Pie Recipe
Peanut Butter is Good in Anything...Even Pie!
I've always loved peanut butter. As a kid, I would eat it on bread, on crackers, or by itself. It wasn't until I was an adult and moved to South Georgia that I was introduced to peanut butter pie. That was 30 years ago. After moving to Kansas seven years later, I missed that southern peanut butter dessert, and not being able to find a recipe for it, I came up with my own version that tastes much like the version I was introduced to back in Georgia. Over the years, I've made changes to my original version to make it as easy to make as possible.
It would be easy to add to this basic recipe by adding chocolate chips, chocolate syrup, bananas, caramel syrup to name a few ingredients. Let me know if you make this with other added ingredients.
Public domain images
My version of a restaurant's peanut butter pie using cream cheese, peanut butter, vanilla pudding and cool whip.
- 1 partially baked pie shell
- 2/3 cup powered sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
- 3 oz. package of cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 container of cool whip
- 1 large package of instant vanilla pudding mix
- Combine powdered the sugar, peanut butter, and cream cheese. Beat until smooth. Add vanilla and egg; mix well. Spread over partially baked pie shell. I bake my pie shell until light brown beforehand at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes. Let crust cool slightly. After spreading the peanut butter mixture into the baked pie shell, bake again at 350 degrees for another 15 minutes. Prepare pudding as directed on package for pie filling. Cool pie before adding pudding on top of peanut butter layer. Spread Cool Whip over top of pudding layer. Chill.
- Chocolate pudding can also be used. Both instant and cook version of pudding can be used. If using instant, cool pie completely before adding pudding layer.
Other Peanut Butter Pie Recipes
There are many variations and twists on peanut butter pie. Below are a few that I found interesting.
- Peanut Butter Pie - Semi-Homemaker Recipe
Easy and delicious. Uses Oreo cookie pie crust, cream cheese and of course, peanut butter.
- Decadent Peanut Butter Pie
Simple and easy recipe
- Peanut Butter Pie
Three different layers using brown sugar, cream cheese, peanut butter, and a coffee-chocolate syrup.
- Mrs. Salter's Peanut Butter Pie
Five star recipe using heavy whipping cream and crunchy peanut butter.
- Peanut Butter Pie I
Uses a chocolate cookie crumb crust!
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
Great recipe by "The Pioneer Woman".
Peanut Butter Cup Cookie Pie
Now if you do not cook, you can mail order a pie and have it delivered to your door. How's that for convenience!
Peanut Butter Pie on Video
Thanks to the Joy of Baking, this video shows how to make one version of peanut putter pie.