- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes»
- Under 30-Minute Recipes
Delicious Gazpacho in a Flash!
No Restaurant Required!
I love good soup. I keep an eye on the soupof the day at every restaurant I enter. Bisque, cream of insert veggie, minestrone, they all appeal to me. Unfortunately, I am not good at making tasty homemade soup. While I work to rectify this technical difficulty I am thrilled to report I can make a kick-butt summer soup that makes any meal less blah. It’s quick, it’s simple, it’s delicious and it’s actually healthy…score! And for all you busy people out there, this takes less than 20 minutes to prepare.
Quick & Easy
Here’s what you’ll need for 4-6 servings:
- 3-4 tomatoes (I suggest beefsteak; remove stem/core)
- ½ a green pepper (remove the stem/seeds)
- ½ a cucumber (peeled)
- ¼ to ½ a sweet onion (depending on how much you like onion)
- 1-2 cloves fresh garlic (peeled)
- ¼ to ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons vinegar (I suggest red or cider)
- 1-3 teaspoons salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
Ready, Set, Go!
- Rough chop all your veggies.
- Add all the ingredients to the blender.
- Liquefy to the consistency you enjoy. I like mine chunky, but you can blend until all your veggies are completely pureed. Note: the more you blend the more you lose color. If serving this to guests, you may need to blend in a few drops of red food die for the sake of presentation.
- Serve and enjoy immediately or chill and serve up to a day later. I recommend serving with a hearty bread or cracker. The best part, my kids actually eat this! Enjoy!