- Food and Cooking
Gingerbread Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
Festive, Spicy & Moist Gingerbread for the Holiday Season!
Cupcakes are a hit all year, so change it up this year for the holidays with this festive recipe for Gingerbread Cupcakes ! Spicy, moist, and perfect for a holiday party, these are simple to make and easy to eat. It's gingerbread combined with cream cheese frosting, so don't expect these to stick around long. These pack a lot of flavor, and the frosting can be made in minutes (don't use the canned stuff).
Read on for directions on how to make gingerbread cupcakes from scratch, the only way that you should be making them!
Intro photo by Kiwisoutback (the author), Â© All Rights Reserved .
These are incredibly easy to make. Once you make them, you'll want to have these delicious, moist cupcakes every year for your holiday parties. Here's a list of the ingredients you'll need to make them:
* 6 tablespoons unsalted softened butter
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 1/2 cup unsulfured molasses
* 1 egg
* 1 egg yolk
* 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 tablespoon Cocoa powder
* 1 tablespoon ginger
* 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
* 1 teaspoon ground allspice
* 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 cup hot milk
* 2 tablespoons unsalted softened butter
* 2 ounces softened cream cheese 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
* 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
Decorate Your Gingerbread cupcakes!
You can make your cupcakes a little more interesting by adding sprinkles, colored icing, cinnamon, nutmeg, and colored wrappers. Kids love this part.
A Tip for Gingerbread
It can get ruined in freezing temperatures and become dry, so don't leave it exposed to the elements in the winter substituting it for a fridge. These do best when served immediately after making, within a day.
Gingerbread Recipes Cookbook - Cakes, houses, sundaes, brownies and more festive decadence
If you're a gingerbread lover, then you probably can't wait until the holidays to have some. There's nothing wrong with gingerbread in July! It's just as delicious then. Gingerbread rum cakes, gingerbread houses, and 60 other gingerbread recipes can be found in this all inclusive cookbook.
* 60 delicious gingerbread recipes
* Authored by Jennifer Lindner McGlinn, a pastry chef and food writer
* Recipes like gingerbread poundcake, marbled almond gingerbread loaf cake, rich and chocolate gingerbread cake, and apple butter gingerbread cake
This is easy, and relatively foolproof...
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter or line with paper liners a 12 muffin tin.
2. Cream 5 tablespoons of the butter with the white sugar. Add the molasses and the egg and the egg yolk.
Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, ginger, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, and salt.
3. Dissolve the baking soda in the hot milk. Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until just combined. Stir in the hot milk mixture. Pour the batter evenly into the prepared muffin tin.
4. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until lightly springy to the touch. Cool in the pan and move to a rack.
5. To make frosting: Cream the 2 tablespoons butter and cream cheese, beat in confectioners sugar until fluffy. Add the lemon extract. Wait until the cupcakes are cool, then frost.
Recommended Molds, Cutter, Houses and Premades - Some of the best gingerbread making stuff
Gingerbread is an awesome comfort food. Spicy, moist, and incredibly easy, they're best enjoyed warm, and freshly frosted. Here are some tools to help you make great cookies, cakes, and if you're not in the mood to cook, Dancing Deer's awesome gingerbread cake.
One more thing: If you have a regular muffin pan, be sure to get some wrappers to make cleanup easier. No one wants to be scrubbing pans during the holidays, right?
This nonstick gingerbread man pan can create tiny cupcake gingerbread men (delicious when frosted on one side), or use your traditional cookie mix.
Cut out gingerbread men from your cookie mix in no time at all and have an army of these little guys for the holidays.
Make your own gingerbread house with easy molds to make it much easier for you. It's flawless!
This is awesome, and yes I have ordered this. Everything I've tried from Dancing Deer is really good, but this one might take the cake. I also like their molasses cookies. Deep, dark, rich, and a great gift, I've given this to people as gifts on numerous occasions.
Before you serve these homemade cupcakes...
These are best served at room temperature. Cold air tends to dry out these deserts quickly, so try to avoid very cold temperatures.