Gluten Free No Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
I was searching for a gluten free recipe to make for a friend of mine who was just diagnosed with Celiac disease, a potential debilitating condition if one eats wheat or wheat products. Imagine my surprise when I found this recipe (tweaked just a bit for our individual tastes) and really liked it myself!
This gluten free no bake oatmeal peanut butter cookie recipe is so very easy to make - it's the perfect cookie to make with children as it's quick and very easy to make. And, these cookies are even faster to eat!
So, here you go. If you're looking for a gluten free dessert recipe, this is the one for you.
Note: Although oatmeal by itself is gluten free, oatmeal may be processed in plants where wheat is also handled so, therefore, not all oatmeal is certified gluten free. One that is certified gluten free though is Bob's Red Mill (link is below). Quaker Oats is not guaranteed to be gluten free.
- Prep time: 10 min
- Ready in: 10 min
- Yields: A whole bunch!
- 2 cups sugar (I actually like these a little less sweet so I use 1.5 cups sugar)
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups oatmeal
- Waxed paper
- Add sugar, cocoa, butter and milk to a saucepan. Bring to a boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the peanut butter and vanilla.
- Mix in the oatmeal. Mix well.
- Drop mixture by teaspoonful (or, for larger cookie, by tablespoons) onto the waxed paper.
- Let cool. These will harden.
- Eat and enjoy.
- Note: these freeze very well. I freeze them on a cookie sheet and then use a vacuum sealer to seal them and toss in the freezer. These will last for months, if you can keep your family away from them!
This is one of the few certified gluten free oatmeals on the market.
You can put the wax paper right on the counter, but I prefer to use a cookie sheet so I can put them in the freezer.
I use my vacuum sealer to seal these cookies for months. I love this thing for a whole lot of reasons.