Gluten Free Sausage Muffins
I am always looking for easy recipes! If it's easy, delicious, and not terribly unhealthy, I am all over it. Muffins are great and sausage is yummy, but together? Mouthwatering. I would not have thought of this delicious combination all on my own. A friend of a friend of mine posted a picture of sausage muffins on her Facebook page. Her picture looked even yummier than mine, and her recipe seemed simple enough. I knew my family would love them, but there was one problem. I am gluten intolerant and could not use the Bisquick-based recipe that she gave. So I made a simple change of ingredients and gave it a go, and it turned out to be delicious! Here's what I did.
- cooking spray or oil
- 1 pound ground sausage (I use organic sausage)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup Pamela's Baking & Pancake Mix
- 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar is best)
- Crumble sausage into a skillet and brown it.
- Put baking mix, beaten eggs, and cheese into a bowl and mix very well.
- Add browned sausage.
- Grease or spray muffin pan with cooking spray or oil.
- Add equal amounts of muffin batter into cups in the muffin pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
This is the mix I used. I think it's quite good, as gluten free products go.
Need a new muffin pan? This one is similar to one of mine.