Comforting Gluten-free Chicken Noodle Soup
Chicken Noodle Soup is one of those ultimate comfort foods that one cannot do without. I came up with this gluten-free version for my daughter who has digestion difficulties and especially with wheat. This dish is soothing and easy to digest whenever she is having "tummy troubles", but isn't chicken noodle soup the ultimate remedy for so many things?
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup gluten-free pasta or noodles
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup cooked shredded chicken (I use leftovers)
- 1 tbls fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- In a medium saucepan bring 3 cups water to a boil.
- Add carrots and celery; simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add pasta to same pan and cook according to package directions.
- Drain carrots, celery and pasta in colander.
- In the same pan return pasta mixture and add chicken broth, chicken, parsley, garlic salt and pepper.
- Simmer 5 minutes and serve.