Chocolate Oatmeal Bars (Gluten Free)
Sometimes all you want is a delicious, chewy and gooey dessert bar. These Gluten Free Chocolate Oatmeal Bars definitely fit that description. Besides being made with gluten free ingredients, they also include healthy stuff like peanut butter, applesauce and oats.
I like to call these tasty treats my dessert bars for breakfast since they are an easy "take with you" bar that is healthier than a lot of breakfast choices. The chocolate chips give these bars the edge on being decadent which also makes them a healthy dessert choice.
And did I mention how easy these bars are to make? One bowl is all it takes to mix these up and no mixer required. They are then ready to pop in the oven and on the way to that tasty treat you have been waiting to enjoy!
*as with all gluten-free recipes, please double check your ingredients to make sure they are gluten free.
Serves: Makes 3 Dozen
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/4 cups peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups applesauce
- 7 cups gluten free oats
- 2 cups gluten free semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 375F.
- In a large bowl, combine brown sugar and eggs.
- Add peanut butter and applesauce and mix until well blended.
- Stir in oats and chocolate chips.
- Spread mixture into a greased 15 x 10 in. baking pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
Non-stick heavy gauge baking pans.
Dairy, soy and gluten-free.