- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes»
- Chocolate Desserts
Granny's Fudge Recipe
How to Make Granny's Fudge Recipe
Here you will learn how to make granny's fudge recipe.
You know, Granny is one resourceful old gal, she can take out a skillet & spoon and before you can turn around and get your chores done, she could whoop up a mess of something, that is so delicious your mouth would water before you got back to the kitchen!
My father learned how to make her fudge and he would make it anytime a sweet-tooth hit him, which was not everyday.
However, he did make this for us and we learned how to make this fudge.
Now you can learn how to make this easy fudge recipe for delighting any one who wraps their lips around this easy make recipe.
Granny's Fudge Recipe
Things You will Need
A pre-seasoned cast iron skillet is great when you need one.
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups water or milk
- 1 stick butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
Always use a Wooden Spoon
A wooden utensil set also comes in quite handy in the kitchen.
- Using a large iron skillet, you will mix your dry ingredients of: 2/3 cup cocoa - 3 cups sugar and 1 tsp. salt. Stir well until thoroughly mixed together in skillet.
- Add the 1 1/2 cups water or milk to the dry mixture in your large iron skillet, stirring until well blended.
- Cook this mixture in your skillet on high heat for five minutes, until it begins to get hot and slightly bubble, in a hard boil stage, and then add: 1 stick butter and 1 tsp. vanilla. Cook until melting.
- Adding the ingredients of pecans and or marshmallows is optional; however, they will compliment this fudge. You may add 1-cup of either depending on your preferences of taste and texture.
- Remove skillet from heat and keep stirring until the fudge is no longer glossy, and then allow the fudge to set up in the skillet to cool and harden.
- Cut fudge into small serving sizes and then serve on a platter, while wearing a big smile.
Things to Remember
- Remember, you can also include the delicious flavors of pecans and or marshmallows to this how to make fudge just like granny recipe
- If you do not want the fudge to cool and harden in the skillet just like Granny did to save on dish-washing, you can pour the cooked fudge into a buttered cake pan to cool and harden and then cut into small serving sizes for everyone to enjoy
Make Something Delicious Today
- Fudge Recipes
Fudge Recipes is a curation of the Web's fudge recipes, both cooked and uncooked. Here we have chocolate, maple, chocolate-mint, peanut butter, white, fruity and other flavors of fudge. If you don't want to make it now there is a ready made...
- How to Make Chocolate Fudge
6 ingredients for this fast delicious chocolate fudge. Easy to follow recipe with pictures.
- How To Make Homemade Fudge
Fudge is a great treat and can easily be made at home. This hub contains recipes for vanilla fudge, chocolate fudge, whisky cream liqueur fudge and white chocolate cherry fudge.
- How To Make Easy Chocolate Fudge
Chocolate Fudge has always been my favorite candy. It's a very rich candy though, so I have always limited myself to making it only at Christmas time. For years I looked for a perfect fudge recipe. I made many different recipes that were really...
- Coffee Lovers Chocolate Fudge Recipe
Coffee and Chocolate, can you get any better? Enjoy this fast and easy recipe that combines chocolate and coffee, for a delectable fudge. A must have recipe!
- Old-Fashioned Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe
If you are looking for an easy to make fudge recipe, you must try this one for old-fashioned peanut butter fudge. This recipe includes step-by-step instructions with pictures and helpful tips and tricks for making a perfect batch of fudge.
- How to Make Chocolate Fudge from Scratch
As a confection, chocolate fudge is a relative newcomer, dating back to the 19th century. Making it is relatively simple, but watch out you don't tinker too much with the ingredients or the cooking, lest you burn the sugar or make it too greasy or do
- Best Old-Fashioned Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe
This old-fashioned peanut butter fudge recipe from my grandmother makes one small pan of rich, creamy fudge loaded with mouth-watering, peanut-buttery flavor!
- White Chocolate Heath Bar Fudge Holiday Recipe
Here is an easy white chocolate fudge recipe that uses heath bars and dried fruit for last minute dinner parties or busy family dinners during the holiday season.
- An Easy Chocolate Fudge Candy Gift for All Occasions
Chocolate Candy Gift Everyone has people in their lives that they don't know very well, yet during the holidays or other occasions you would like to give them a small gift just to say "I'm thinking about you at this time", "Thank You for just being..
- How to Make the Best Old-Fashioned Sour Cream Fudge
Rich, sweet & tangy, my grandmother Bess's old-fashioned sour cream fudge with black walnuts is absolutely scrumptious.
- School Candy Fudge
This is a fun recipe to make with kids. This school fudge goes back in our school a long time. Rice Krispes on top are fun.
- Who Doesn't Love Fudge?
Fudge is for any time of the year. It doesn't necessarily have to be chocolate fudge. I love a variety of homemade fudge. When I was a child, my mother used to make Penuche Fudge and have it ready for my brothers and I as a treat when we came home...
- Chocolate Lovers Gift Guide
Are you a chocolate lover, a chocoholic or maybe you know someone who loves chocolate? If you are a chocolate lover, you more than likely have your own favorite flavors of chocolate. For instance, you might enjoy milk chocolate more than any other...
- How To Open A Chocolate Shop
our story of how we set up The chocolate Bar chocolate shop and continental cafe in oakham, Rutland. It gives you all the information you need on How to set up a chocolate Shop and make it a success. Don't re-invent the wheel - we made the mistakes f
- Chocolate - Fascinating Facts About Chocolate
This article discusses the fascinating history of chocolate.
- Mama Ruby's Hard Candy Plus Many Other Recipes
A couple of weeks ago, I spent a day with my mom (Mama Ruby), and we enjoyed together her greatest passion, cooking. We made from scratch hard candy. This recipe originated from somewhere long ago in another time, and was handed down to the...
- How to Make Pink and other Color of Fudge Candy - Super Easy!
An easy to follow and easy to improvise on fudge recipe! Create your own custom candy recipe with just two main ingredients. Practically foolproof!