Great Crockpot Recipes-Crockpot Chicken Parmigiana
This is a crockpot version of the classic Chicken Parmigiana. It uses canned sauce, so if you would prefer your homemade sauce or gravy, substitute it for the canned version. For a healthier version, you can use boneless, skinless breasts (6). Instead of plain bread crumbs, use Italian. Cut the amount of butter in half. For the mozzarella cheese, use Healthy choice garlic lover's blend. Use fresh grated parmesan and a jar of pizza sauce (14 oz)
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 1/4 cup butter
- 1 can pizza sauce, (10 1/2 oz)
- 6 slices Mozarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- If using whole chicken breasts, cut in to halves.
- In bowl beat egg salt and pepper dip chicken into egg. Then coat with crumbs. In large skillet saute chicken in butter. Arrange chicken in pot. Pour pizza sauce over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours. Add mozzarella cheese, sprinkle parmesan cheese on top. Cover and cook 15 minutes. Makes 6 servings.