- Food and Cooking
Green Vegetable Soup for Breakfast
Vegetable soup is a very good option for breakfast for those who cannot eat tight in the morning. Eating soup for breakfast is not very common, but it is very healthy behavior. Soup will provide you with long feeling of fullness and will help to normalize digestion.
Low-fat vegetable soup is a great start of the day for people who want to lose some weight. Vegetable soup contains a lot of healthy fiber and minerals. Add to this the normalization of the digestive processes fast metabolism and low calorie intake.
All of these health benefits make the vegetable soup for breakfast a winner for me and my family.
- Vegetable broth: 4 cups
- Medium onions: 3
- Zucchini: 16 oz.
- Broccoli: 16 oz.
- Spinach: 7 oz.
- Cilantro: 7 oz.
- Olive oil: 2 Tbsp
- Cut peeled onions into small cubes. Cut broccoli into thin slices. Cut zucchini in half and slice into half rings . Chop spinach removing tough stems.
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Saute onion stirring constantly for 4 minutes until tender.
- Add the broccoli and zucchini and stir well. Pour in broth and bring soup to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer fifteen minutes under cover.
- Add chopped cilantro and spinach to the soup and cook another 3 minutes.
- Blend everything into a puree using a blender at low speed. Add salt and pepper according to your taste. Bring the soup to a boil again. Garnish your delicious and healthy breakfast vegetable soup with low fat sour cream.
When you wake up, your wonderful green soup for breakfast will be ready if you implement slow cooking techniques in your kitchen.