Grilled Lemon Chicken Couscous Salad
This recipe is called Grilled lemon Chicken Couscous Salad. It is made out of a North American variety of semolina called couscous. It is actually granules of wheat which has to be cooked by steaming. It is a great dish for vegetable as well as meat dishes. This recipe is a chicken dish with couscous. It is easy to prepare and spicy too, which is perfect for cool days. I have given the recipe without any vegetables. To the same procedure you can also include freshly chopped carrots, beans and onions too.
- Chicken broth - 2 cups
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 2 spoons
- Plain Couscous - 1 box
- Cinnamon Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder - 1 tsp
- Grated lemon peel - 2 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1/2 cup
- Cucumber - finely sliced
- Red capsicum - 1
- Raisins - 1/4 cup
- Chicken breast halves
- Fresh Cilantro - 1/2 cup
- Ground black pepper - 1 tsp
- Oil as required
- Salt to taste
- In a large pan, add oil,salt, chicken broth and ginger garlic paste.
- Next add turmeric,cinnamon and cumin powder and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Add the couscous, stir well and remove from flame.
- Scatter the raisins and cover the pot with a heavy lid for about fifteen minutes.
- The couscous will become soft and cool.
- Open the lid and fluff the couscous. There should not be any big lumps.
- Transfer it to another bowl, add the cucumber, capsicum and lemon peel.
- In another bowl whisk oil,lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Pour it over the couscous and toss it well.
- Add the cilantro and mix well.
- Marinate the chicken with oil,ground pepper, salt and lemon juice.
- Keep it in the fridge for three hours.
- After the allocated time, bring the chicken to the room temperature.
- Prepare the grill with high heat.
- Transfer the marinated chicken to the grill and cook till both the sides are well cooked.
- Remove from the grill and transfer the chicken to a plate and allow it to cool.
- Drizzle the chicken with oil. Sprinkle cilantro over it.
- Garnish with lemon wedge and serve it with couscous.