Grilled Scallops and Tomatoes
Sea scallops are my favorite food to order when going out to dinner. I was always afraid to cook them at home for fear of overcooking and having them turn to rubber. What I have found out with this recipe for Grilled Scallops and Tomatoes is that grilling scallops is much easier than I thought and now they come out perfectly cooked every time. I also like how nicely they pair with the tomatoes.
- Scallops and Marinade:
- 2 tbls. olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice of a half lemon
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 lb.s fresh sea scallops
- 3 almost ripe medium tomatoes
- 1 tbls. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Balsamic vinegar (optional)
- In a large plastic zipper bag, combine all scallops ingredients.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour or up to 24 hours.
- Slice tomatoes and brush with olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat grill to medium.
- Grill scallops four minutes on each side being careful not to overcook.
- Repeat with tomatoes cooking for four minutes on each side.
- Place tomato slices on plate and top with scallops.
- Give a splash of balsamic vinegar, if desired.