- Food and Cooking
Grilled Teriyaki Kabobs Cooked on the Grill
Have a Party
Fresh Shrimp Kabobs on the Grill A Yummy Treat
This recipe is a mouth watering barbecue recipe I learned to make when I was in Hawaii many years ago. It is one of my favorite barbecue recipes and make a colorful meal which always seems to impress my guest. I usually make it when we have company and since I live on the Gulf coast now we barbecue year round.
One of the benefits of this meal is that all of the work is done before the guest arrive. The only thing to clean up is the rice cooker, since you can get away with paper plates when eating outdoors. I love to make this meal when we have a large crowd, since I get to visit with my guest and once the kabobs are assembled the only thing to do is turn on the rice cooker and place the kabobs on the grill. The kabobs cook in less than 5 to 10 minutes.
We keep a big trash barrel outside next to our barbecue grill so all of the trash can be easily disposed. I love cooking and cooking is easy outside when I have company. Use disposable dishes and utensil to make clean up easier.
- 3 pounds of Fresh Shrimp peeled
- 1 pint Cherry Tomatoes, whole
- 1 large Sweet Onion, wedges
- 1 large head of Broccoli, large chunks
- 1 pint of Fresh Mushrooms, small whole
- 1 large Sweet Pepper, chunks
- ******************************** Marinade, *********************************
- 2 cups Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoon Fresh grated ginger root
- Clean and cut vegetable into 1 inch pieces. Peel Raw Shrimp. Thread shrimp and vegetable on to metal of bamboo skewer. Mix ingredients for marinade and pour into a large glass rectangular baking pan. Place prepared shrimp and vegetable skewer into the baking pan to marinade. Refrigerate. After 1 hour rotate skewers so all shrimp and vegetable on the skewer are evenly marinaded. This can be prepare the night before and kept in the refrigerator until grilling.
- Light barbeque grill and preheat. Once the grill is heated lower the temperature to low. Turn once. Shrimp cook very FAST. When the shrimp turn pink they are cooked, do not over cook or they will be too chewy. Remove from the grill on to a serving platter. Serve with rice and enjoy.
Rate This Recipe
Dip the in Teriyaki Sauce
Naturally brewed and aged for full flavor from water, wheat, soybeans and salt.
Its complex flavor, delicate aroma and appealing reddish-brown color complement and intensify the natural flavor, aroma and color of foods without masking or overpowering.
All purpose seasoning
Pieces of Fresh Chicken
Suggested Kabob Layer
You can use any of the following for delicious mouth-watering Kabobs:
- Pineapple chunks
- Large pieces of onion
- Pitted Cherries
- Green Peppers
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Whole Mushrooms
- Any type of Fruit
Learn to Grill Teriyaki
Throw A Kabob Party
Why not throw a kabob party? Invite your friends and family to a fun filled day of grilling. Have each guest bring their favorite fruit, vegetable, or meat. Make sure you tell them to cut them into large chunks. Then let each person create a kabob for their meal.
Designate a grilling chef, someone who know his way around a grill. This way your guests can continue to party as their meals are prepared. What fun way to spend the day good friends and family gathered together enjoying a wonderfully barbecued kabob.
Don't forget the side dishes, make rice or potatoes to round out the meal. You might want to try slices of potato kabobs. Be sure to grill these early and place them on the tray above the grilled to stay warm until everything is ready.
Other Marinade Ideas
You may want to try other types of marinades. There are prepared marinade available at most grocery store. Some people like to use salad dressing as a marinade for meats. Italian, raspberry vinaigrette, and balsamic vinegar are all good choice.
You may want to experiment with you own recipes. Start with a good base, such as tomato sauce, vinegar and brown sugar, maple syrup, prepared mustard, and add other ingredients you think would taste good. The marinade your meat overnight for the best results.