Sweet Grilled Drumsticks with Pineapple BBQ Sauce
I love this recipe for Grilled Drumsticks with Pineapple BBQ Sauce, not only because it's delicious, but also because it is inexpensive enough to feed a crowd. It's easy too, since the BBQ sauce can be made ahead and keeps up to a week in the refrigerator. With the sauce made it's a snap to season the drumsticks and put them on the grill.
I like grilled drumsticks with just a little seasoning, but let me tell you, when you lay on the pineapple BBQ sauce, they are decadent! That is saying a lot for me because I would give up chocolate for one of these grilled drumsticks coated in sauce. Yum is the word!
- 2 lbs. chicken drumsticks
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbls. cornstarch
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tbls. soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Season drumsticks with garlic powder, salt and pepper; set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine brown sugar and cornstarch.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until mixture is smooth.
- Pour into a large saucepan and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly.
- Continue to simmer until sauce thickens, remove from heat.
- Grill drumsticks, turning often until the reach an internal temperature of 175F.
- Turn off grill and brush lightly with pineapple BBQ sauce.
- Close grill and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Remove from grill and slather drumsticks with remaining bbq sauce or serve on the side.