- Food and Cooking
Grilled Eggplant Parmigiana
If you love Eggplant Parmigiana, then please try this variation with grilled eggplant. If you have never tried Eggplant Parmigiana, try this recipe and you will surely become a fan. I love the extra flavor that grilling gives to this dish. Add a quick salad and garlic bread and you will have a feast!
Grilled Eggplant Parmigiana is a recipe that you can make and have fun with variations. Here are just a few ideas:
1. Add mushrooms, onions or spinach.
2. Add seasoned cooked shrimp.
3. Spice it up, with some red pepper flakes or jalapenos.
4. Experiment with different cheese blends and sauces.
- 2 medium eggplant, ends removed.
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- 1 1/2 cups prepared marinara sauce
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
- Cut eggplant into 1 inch slices.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Grill for about 5 minutes on each side.
- In a greased 9 X 13 baking dish, layer sauce, eggplant and cheese, repeat.
- Bake at 375F. for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.