Grilled Red Potatoes with Butter and Herbs
A Fast and Easy Recipe for Potatoes
This is a recipe that I have used for years when grilling potatoes. Microwaving the potatoes ahead of time shortens the time on the grill and makes it much easier to tell when the potatoes are done. The grilling time could be more or less since we all have different grills (charcoal, gas etc). I usually keep an eye on the potatoes and take them off when they are lightly browned and crispy on the outside. For a truly decadent potato dish, drizzle a bit more melted butter over the potatoes before serving.
- 2 lbs. small red potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tbls. dried herbs, thyme, rosemary or dill are nice choices
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash potatoes and cut in half.
- Place on a microwave safe plate and cook for 2 minutes.
- In a large bowl toss potatoes with melted butter and herbs.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill over medium heat for about 5 minutes each side.
Excellent grill with great reviews.