- Food and Cooking
★ Summer Cupcake Recipes | Refreshing & Fruity Fairy Cakes ★
Light Grown-Up Cakes For A Warm Sunny Day
Some cupcakes are rich and heart-warming (perfect for colder days), and some are fruity and refreshing (perfect for hot days) - and it's the latter I'm going to focus this web page on. Below you will find 10 of the fruitiest and yummiest looking cupcakes and recipes that I can find.
There are watermelon, raspberry, lemon, pink lemonade and many more fun and fresh ingredients, perfect for impressing at your next party or summer BBQ :-)
I hope you find this selection mouth-watering!
Blue Hawaiian Cupcakes
A Little Introduction
Cupcakes are a very versatile type of treat because they can be savory or sweet, and can be light and fruity or filling and comforting. This page focusses on sweet cake recipes for summer, so the below 10 ideas are all light and fruity. There are also some recipes based on cocktails to make your cupcakes more grown-up!
A few cocktails and drinks that work well for summer are:
- Pina Colada: Rum, coconut & pineapple
- Mojito: White rum, lime or lemon & mint
- Daiquiri: Rum & lime
- Bellini: Peaches, lemon & Prosecco
- Martini: Gin, vermouth & lemon
- Margarita: Tequila, Cointreau & lemon or lime
- Sangria: Red wine, orange juice & possibly orange liqueur, brandy and other citrus fruits
And these cocktails could give you ideas for coming up with your own recipes too - get creative!
Cupcake Baking Products
Key Lime Cupcakes
Lemon-Blueberry Cupcakes with Lemon Curd
Blood Orange Cupcakes
Pink Lemonade Cupcakes
Make Your Own Paper Pom-Pom Toppers
(Image Credit: Me)
This little tutorial is for making mini pom-poms for sticking on top of cupcakes as cute decorations.
What You Will Need:
* Tissue paper sheets
* Lollipop sticks/bamboo skewers/cocktail sticks
* Thread or thin string
* Hot glue or other liquid glue
- Firstly you will need to layer 5 or 6 sheets of tissue paper on top of each other. The layers must be exactly the same size. Usually you will find that a pack of tissue paper contains 5 - 8 sheets, but if you only have a couple of sheets for example you will need to cut each sheet equally into 3 pieces to make a total of 6.
- Cut the sheets into strips that are 3" wide.
- Cut the 3" strips up equally so they are approx 4-4.5" long. It doesn't have to be exact, so you can vary the lengths slightly in order to make sure you don't have excess paper left over (to prevent waste).
- You will now have stacks of paper pieces that measure about 3" by 4.5".
- With the short side parallel to you, do a concertina/accordion fold with each stack. The above diagram shows how this works - red lines would be valley folds and blue lines would be hill folds to produce a zig-zag effect. Cut off any excess paper when you've finished the folding.
- With the concertina folds held in place, tie a piece of thread/string around the centre of the paper strip and tie tight with a knot. Cut off excess thread.
- Cut each end of the paper strip in a curve to round the edges off.
- Be gentle with the next step; unfold the paper strips each side of the knot and separate the layers to fluff up the paper and make the pom-pom shape.
- Glue a lollipop stick/skewer into each pom-pom and you're finished!
- Repeat for each paper stack.
Raspberry & Lemon Cupcakes
Piña Colada Cupcakes
I hope you have enjoyed the above selection and have found a new favourite Summer treat!
Below are a couple of videos showing further sunny-weather creations so that you can more easily follow along at home :)