- Food and Cooking
Guinness Chocolate Cake- A Special Dessert
Making a fabulous dessert for a holiday or special event can sometimes be challenging, but not with this Guinness Chocolate Cake. This recipe is so easy to make because once the butter is melted into the beer, the remaining ingredients are all mixed in together. Serve with your favorite butter cream frosting or just a light sprinkle of powdered sugar.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup Guinness Stout
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tbls vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Using a 9 inch spring-form pan, grease and line bottom with parchment paper.
- In a medium saucep and, heat butter and beer until butter is melted.
- Stir in sugar and cocoa.
- Remove from heat.
- Add remaining ingredients until well blended.
- Pour batter into spring-form pan.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.