Resep Gulai Kambing | Indonesian Mutton Curry Recipe
Gulai kambing or Indonesian mutton curry is special dish that commonly available during Moslem celebration such as in hari raya kurban or Idul Adha (Eid al-Adha). At Eid al-Adha Moslem usually buy goat as a symbol to commomerate human obedience to God by sacrificing this animal as offering. The abundant of goat or mutton, create festive fare during hari raya kurban/korban/qurban called " gulai or gule ". Besides cheap, mutton also tasty but has distinctive smell. Asian love to use heavy spices to remove distinctive or after taste smell of meats.
Gulai is a typical curry can be found in Indonesia, Singapore or Malaysia. If you like curry, you could be curious about gulai. Combination of fresh spices, coconut milk, and mutton make gulai kambing is a must try dish, especially if you love spicy foods. Here is gulai kambing recipe to die for.
Gulai Kambing Poll
Have you ever tried gulai kambing ?
Gulai kambing recipes - Find recipes of gulai kambing on the webs
- Gulai kambing recipe
Gulai kambing recipe with less spices
- Malaysian gulai kambing recipe
How to make Malaysian style gulai kambing
- Gulai kambing recipes
Gulai kambing with more coconut milk
- Resep gulai kambing
How to make simple and easy gulai kambing
- Resep gulai kambing
Use boned goat and inner part of goat as ingredients
Gulai seasoning on Amazon - Instant gulai spices
if you like to try new things but do not like the cooking process, this gulai seasoning will make cooking process simple and a good short cut.
Prep Time: 15
Total Time: 45
Serves: about 4
- 2 lbs cubed boneless mutton
- 1 stalk bruised lemongrass
- 1 inch piece galangal
- 3 kaffir like leaves
- 3 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick (1 inch)
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 2 onion
- 5 seeded red chillies
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 5 candlenuts
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 3 cups water
- salt as needed
- deep fried shallot (garnish)
- coriander leaf (garnish)
- Put galangal, cloves, ground coriander, onion, red chillies, garlic, candlenuts, ground ginger, turmeric, black pepper, nutmeg in the food processor and process into a smooth paste.
- Heat vegetable oil in a pot, add the spice paste, lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, and cinnamon stick. Stir fry this spices until they are turning color, fragrant and light golden.
- When the spices and herbs are turning color, add coconut milk, water and salt. Bring it to a rolling boiling.
- At boiling point, add lamb cubes and cook until the meat is tender and the soup is thicken. Cover and let it simmer for about 5 minutes. Add more water if you like thin gulai or increase cooking time if you want it thick. Also adjust the salt to your taste.
- Remove from the heat and ready to serve with steamed rice, lontong or ketupat. Before serving, garnish it with deep fried shallot and chopped coriander leaf. Selamat makan (Bon appetit).
- Image credit:CC
You will need a decent food processor to make smooth spice paste for gulai kambing. This 8 cup food processor is great for mincing, slicing, dicing and more. Good size, dishwasher safe and comes with reasonable price.
Mutton curry recipes - If you like gulai kambing, you may like to try other style of mutton curry
- Spicy mutton curry recipe
Indian style of mutton curry recipe with usage of yoghurt
- Indian spicy mutton curry
Use Indian spices but without yoghurt
- Mutton curry recipe
Add tomato, anise pod and coconut milk to make spicy mutton curry
- Goan mutton curry
Goan style mutton curry. Add desicated coconut, yoghurt and vinegar to make tasty mutton curry
- Chettinad mutton curry recipe
Use different spices to make mutton curry
- Mutton curry in ghee
Use ghee to cook mutton curry and get special taste
- Kerala mutton curry recipe
How to make Kerala style mutton curry. Less or without coriander
Good cooking will help you making perfect gulai kambing. This pot has non stick interior thus easy to wash and clean. Multi function, you can use to cook chili, slow simmer soup and stew and other dishes.
Gulai Kambing on youtube
More gulai recipes other than mutton - Aneka resep gulai
- Resep gulai telur
Gulai berbahan dasar telur
- Resep gulai tempe
Bagaimana membuat gulai tempe yang enak
- Resep gulai tunjang
Bagaimana membuat gulai dari kikil khas Padang
- resep gulai tahu
Gulai berbahan dasar tahu
- Resep gulai nangka
gulai berbahan dasar nangka asal Padang
- Resep gulai ikan
Belajar membuat sendiri gulai ikan khas Padang
- Resep gulai ayam
Gulai ayam ala Padang yang gurih
- resep gulai otak sapi
Gulai otak sapi yang gurih dan lezat
- Resep gulai daging
Membuat gulai dari daging sengkel
- Resep gulai daun singkong
Gulai dari daun singkong dan ikan teri
- Resep gulai sayuran
Gulai berbahan dasar sayur2an
- Resep gulai itik cabe hijau
Gulai itik dengan cabai hijau khas Sumatera